Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Bill Skirvin "Skirv"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cadillacoffin, Apr 22, 2015.

1. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/members/skirv.16653/

Bill has been MIA for a year now and I know a couple other friends of his have attempted and failed to make contact with the guy. His father had a heart attack and his son was battling Leukemia, and I’m afraid it has taken a toll on Bill. I thought if a group of his HAMB friends got together and sent the guy a care package it might bring a little joy to the guys life. Bill has been an incredible help to me on my project over the years and this is the least I could to show a little appreciation.
    If you know Bill or he has helped you in some way and you would like to get in on this either reply or PM me so we can organize something.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thank you!

2. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Hi.....I a very glad to hear from you...... I love BIll, even though I have never met him, but we talked aften online and on the phone for years! I have also made repeated attempts to contact him to no avail.........I'd certainly be oin board to reach out to him an any way I can...... I was aware of the health issues with both his Dad and his son......it had to take a terrible toll on him.......we were in touch a lot during his son's treatment periods and I also knew about his Dad's heart issues.......... ount me in if there's any way I can help...... Brucie

3. Just to clarify im not asking for money, but suggesting those of us who feel the same could in an organized way send Bill our best.

So if you wanted to get him one of the hambs new shirts, book, etc as a group we dont send him multipuls. Bill was on many boards so if you followed him anywhere else feel free to link this to that site. I will post it on the fordbarn for those guys over there.
    My email is [email protected]

Thank you!

4. I assume you mean Bill has gone under ground, as in reclusive??? Tim

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

The subject of Bill comes up on various forums in threads and PM's that I get. I consider Bill a personal friend, and his entire family is without a doubt the nicest group of people you could ever want to meet. If you go to their home they insist you have dinner with them, and they feel like people you have known all your life. Evidently, Bill has touched a lot of other people on here the same way.

I, frankly, don't know what to do at this point. I have tried contacting Bill by every means I know, and about 6 months ago I tracked down his Brother Rod at the police station where he works. I asked how Bill and everyone was, and Rod basically gave me a very short "they are all fine" and that was it. I know everyone handles their personal problems in their own way, some of us are more public than others, but, like everyone else on here, I just want Bill to know we care and are here for him and his family.

My take on it is that Bill's life has become so full at this time, with all that is going on, that he just does not want any questions or discussion about it. I have to respect that, but wish I could run into him and just tell him how we all feel. While I think the care package idea is a great one, I am not sure where it would be sent, and how it would be received.

Obviously, I am very saddened by the health issues his Son and Dad are facing, and also by my losing contact with someone who I hold very dear in my heart. But, I feel if Bill would have wanted to contact me he has my information. I told Rod to have him call me, but since that hasn't happened I guess he just wants space right now.

Don

6. LAROKE

LAROKE

I live in the same area of South Florida as Bill but I haven't seen him since Florida Billetproof 2012. I've never seen him at many of the local cruise-ins and shows with the exception of Friday Night Tower Shops cruise-in when they were still holding that. I will ask some of my other car buddies if there have been and sightings and report back if I hear of anything.

7. Don, I fully agree with giving him space to handle life. The idea of sending him a shirt or something to that affect would be a small token of respect I have for the guy. By no means do I want to be in his face or force him to do anything discomforting.

I have his address.

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I think your gesture is a very nice one, and if you come up with something, let me know as I would love to contribute to it.

To put a face with the story, here is Bill when I visited his home one time. He was working on his hemi Deuce.

[​IMG]

And this is his Dad and Brother Rod, a whole family of hot rodders. No nicer people exist on the face of the earth, they literally would give you the shirts off their backs.

[​IMG]

Don

9. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

I haven't seen or heard from Bill in a while but I always enjoyed spending time with him at the Billetproof shows. Great guy and built some amazing cars. Hope all is well with him and his family.

10. LAROKE

LAROKE

I asked my friend Bill Carroll, "angliaguy" here on the HAMB, if he had heard anything since he attends a lot more local car shows and cruise-ins than I do. His reply was "I haven't talked or heard from him. I heard that he wants to sell his Merc to finish his 61 Chev, but no confirmation."

11. Gentleman, thank you very much.

Currently the HAMB Cam (Black) and Coupe shirts have been choosen along with a gift card.
    Again I have his address and im sure he would appreciate the most basic gesture wishing him well.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. I met Bill and his dad in the late 80s when I had a shop in FT lauderdale, I did the frame work on his yellow GMC truck. His dad would stop by and visit with me very often up until I relocated.
    I talked to bill a few times on this site about his coupe, but that was some time ago.
    I wish he and his family well.
    cadillacoffin would you please PM me his address
    BOB

13. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

David.......I gave up........tried and tried to no avail.......sorry to say,.....no reply.... Brucie

lothiandon1940 likes this.