Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Viva Las Vegas 18!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by turbochick, Apr 16, 2015.

1. turbochick

turbochick

I went for the first time this year, and never plan on missing it again. The story/coverage and photo gallery that I put together can be found here: http://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2015/04/10/Viva-Las-Vegas

Was anyone else there?

Was anyone at the rat rod show nearby on that same Saturday? I was hoping I would be able to stop by there, too, but transportation and time was limited this time around.

2. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

That is a great article you wrote, and some mighty fine pictures. I've never been to the show, but do plan on driving my 50 Chevy there as soon as it's done.
    Oh, I'm not sure how many people here were looking for a rat rod show. They're kinda looked down upon here.

3. jchav62

jchav62

4. turbochick

turbochick

Yeah, I figured as much :) I'm the type of person that tends to like and appreciate all things for what they are. That doesn't go for ALL "rat rods" though, some are just so completely unsafe and with bad craftsmanship... Those ones I don't even like calling rat rods.

There were a few nice builds that weren't accepted into Viva that were at the other show.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

6. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I used to go to those shows because I too enjoy all kinds of old car builds and art, but they all just seemed to become a contest to see who could build the biggest death trap with the most skulls and unrelated junk welded to it. Example: A patched together rusted out model A with no firewall, an expanded steel grate floor, a machete for a shifter, lawn chairs with the legs hacked off for seats and a 5 gallon jerry can with rubber fuel line as a gas tank. Not to mention the crowd of people talking about how cool it was. I stopped paying attention to that scene after that.

bobss396 likes this.
  7. srs1

srs1

[​IMG]
    I was there! Drove out from Houston again. See you next year

Sprout likes this.
  8. creepjohnny

creepjohnny

I was there. for the first time since 07, that Nash was my favorite car of the show ^^

9. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Great article, nice photos, and yeah the Nash is "killer".
    Thanks for the report.
    KK

10. srs1

srs1

thanks guys

11. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

[ 100_1883.JPG 100_1874.JPG [5] of us from Iowa were there! Had a blast. Best music ever, great hotrods and cool people .

Attached Files:

12. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

I should explain the pictures. That's me on the left with my 4 friends and the other 2 pictures are ladys we saw there.