Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest T Wreck in Pa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choffman41, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Just saw this on the Model T forum. No info yet as to whether it was restored or a rod. Anyone recognize the names?
    1923 Model T Ford Convertible Skids off Road, Killing Couple
    MANHEIM, Pa. — Apr 13, 2015, 3:01 PM ET
    Associated Press
    A 1923 Model T Ford convertible skidded off the roadway and flipped over, killing a couple, police said Monday.

Ralph Cramer, 70, and his wife, 59-year-old Lynn, of Mount Joy, died of traumatic injuries in the wreck Sunday night.

2. Restored or rod, sucks either way.

prewarcars4me likes this.
  3. LongT

LongT

I tried Google. All the articles said rebuilt or restored with new elements. They do not say if it means new replacement or new as in hot rod though. They did say that the T had seat belts.

But sad either way.

4. metal man

metal man

That stinks. Being in P.A.,It was probably the first time they had it out this year .R.I.P.

5. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Certainly a shame. I agree , here in this area of Pa, we haven't had many opportunities to rock a t roadster.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad to see, reports said the car went into a skid and left the road and went airborne. Doesn't sound like it was a stock T.

7. Always rough to hear someone in the old car community was lost in an accident.

8. NoRust

NoRust

9. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

So sad to hear of these accidents. Condolences to the families involved.

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

very sad to hear - sounded like really good people.

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Umm, not good to hear. They sound like they were very nice folks for sure and a lot of friends are saddened by this.

Don

12. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Sad ending to their lives. Condolences to family and friends. May they rest in peace.

Ray

13. Sounds like it was a "T" Bucket. So a Hotrod.

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Very sad indeed, and it's got me thinking, as one of my hot rods is a roadster. And I'm thinking about seat belts in open, no roll bar cars.
    Have been and still am an advocate for seatbelt use in cars. After using them in race cars (dirt ovals), having many pileups of greater severity than others on the street, and coming out injury free with belts when I got banged up big time on the street with no belts. Consequently, I was using seat belts on the street long before laws mandated their use.
    But when I read of an overturn of an open, no roll bar vehicle where the occupants are belted in and killed in a rollover, or as in this case upside down in a ditch, I wonder: Would they stand a better chance of survival if thrown clear? I seriously don't know which is better, and I'm only speaking of rollovers. I'm still of the opinion that in any other type of collision, having belts helps.

15. This is very sad news. This is not very far from my neck of the woods. I was out in my coupe sunday and saw quite a few hot rods and harleys about. I wonder what exactly caused this accident. We have to all be carefull out there, myself included.

16. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

As a matter of 'odds'.........belts are a better bet. I read once, some years ago, that fires and rollovers combined constituted less than 1% of all accidents. Of course, there is always the person who knows of a collision in which someone was thrown free and survived. But, I have to say, I have read about far more that were killed when ejected, sometimes by the vehicle itself rolling over them. For open cars, roll bars would seem to be an worthwhile addition.

Ray

17. I agree Ray! T buckets offer very little protection. One of the reasons they always make me a little nervous to ride in.

18. prayers to the family

19. '52 F-3

'52 F-3

I just seen on local news this morning, sad news........ RIP

20. Paint

Paint

[

I think he was a HAMB member, screen name ralphcramer.
    I remember seeing his posts. Very sad.

21. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Yes "Paint", looks to be a HAMBer. Track T from Mt. Joy, PA. Last posted May 2014.
    ralphcramer
    Member, from Southcentral PA

ralphcramer was last seen:

May 6, 2014

• li" data-history="on" data-open="2" style="margin: -23px 0px 0px; padding: 0px 20px; list-style: none; font-size: 14px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(200, 200, 200); word-wrap: normal; min-height: 23px; display: table; width: 858px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; position: relative; background: rgb(249, 249, 249);">
    • Recent Activity
    • Postings
    • Information
    • Trading Stats
    • About
      Sales
      '23 T track roadster hot rod
      '30 A tudor
      '36 International panel
      '37 Simca (same as Fiat)
      '51 Henry J
      /27 Ford roadster

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sad to read things like this, prayers and condolances to their friends and family. Bob

23. sneakyPete

sneakyPete
    Alliance Vendor

Just read about this on the news this morning. Ralph was a friend of mine. Met him on the HAMB a couple years ago. Had dinner with them at the Race of Gentlemen last fall. Great guy. I will miss him. The car was a nicely built T track roadster. I won't speculate on what happened. RIP my friend.

24. So sad RIP Mr. and Mrs. Cramer :(

volvobrynk likes this.
  25. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

oh my God....I think it's HAMBer "MOBY".
    We were having a conversation.
    He sent me a message 9 am his time Sunday...and finished by saying he and his wife were going off in the T at 3 pm for the first run of the season.
    Just 10 minutes ago I composed and sent an answer to his Sunday message.
    THEN I go to the board and read this.....Oh my God...I'm chilled.
    we only messaged a couple of times about his T and some of his other projects.
    I'm in a spin here now....so sad.
    He was a nice guy......

RIP Ralph and your wife as well. Man oh man.....

26. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

BTTT....
    It was Moby.
    He must have rejoined to get a more generic handle rather than use his real name.
    Real nice fella...God speed to you both. :(

27. That sucks. Messaged Moby back and forth a few times about parts and exchanged pictures of our projects, seemed like a really good guy. RIP Ralph and his spouse.

28. Its always sad and hard when we lose an old car buff. R.I.P. Bruce.

29. The whole thing sucks, but when my time comes, I'd rather die in a T-bucket than in a hospice unit. We must thank the Man for the small favors also. God speed Ralph and Lynn!