Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical lmc truck parts for f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tobyflh, Apr 2, 2015.

1. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

I'm starting to look into parts for my 59 f100 project. I need some sheet metal parts and was wondering if lmc truck parts are any good. Or is there some other place I should look into. I can make a lot of parts my self but if they are good quality and price is right why put the time into making it.

2. I've had good luck with them, but they ain't cheap.

3. Everything I've used was good quality

4. LMC I think sources a lot of parts from other places. If you do your homework, you may find it cheaper. LMC offered a pair of running boards for my 48 F-1 for $999. I found them for $575.

5. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

i ordered cab corners and lower ft fender patches and the ft floor braces (expensive, but I was too lazy to make them) the braces are custom fabbed but I dont know by who - they are nice and saved me a bunch of time though - the other parts were by Schott and of OK quality......do not waste your time or money buying floorpans, inner cab corners, or the drop offs for the steps.....just fab them yourself with sheetmetal - I also fabricated the lower cowl corners and hinge pockets as they were not available and my truck was super rusty.....good luck

6. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

LMC is usually the lowest quality of all the suppliers for these parts.

Their rubber parts are the worst in the industry. Check Carpenters, Flashback F00's for much better rubber parts and just better parts overall. Door rubbers do not fit correctly and, window rubbers will be undersized.

I did cab corners, front cab mounts, rockers, steps and risers on my '57 and used LMC parts. The cab corners were extremely rough on the bottom edge and all full of big ripples where they were formed. The risers were not the right contour and the top edge was all over the place. The steps had the wrong pattern to them. They sell Shotts panels and they are pretty rough.

Here's my build thread so you can see what I'm talking about.
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gallery/displayalbum.php?&userid=402689&albumid=30263

Any replacement lenses you get for lights will have the LMC logo cast in them in huge letters instead of the original OEM style. Most of their stuff does not pass inspection if you have decent standards. Can't speak about the Chevy stuff but I have a fair amount of experience with their Ford parts from that era trucks.

Those of us that spend a lot of time playing with F100s from the late 50's to the mid 60's tend to use LMC as a last resort for parts.

SPark

7. Bugguts

Bugguts

I agree with LM14.
    I used certain things from them on my 66,
    but they were of lesser quality( but lesser price also). I had many catalogs and did my research and ordered specific things from each vendor.

8. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

Thanks for the help lm14 and bugguts. Where else other than lmc and carpenter should I look?

9. Roger53

Roger53

NPD. I thank there out Georgia I've used them with good luck most of the replacement panels well need some work.But ya do have to do some homework . But when it's all said and done today's much better then when I started playing with body work it was the junkyard or make it. Good luck and Hunting! Roger

10. derbydad276

derbydad276

closest NPD will be canton Michigan Ive bought several things from them for my F100
    reasonable price too

11. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

12. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

Rubber parts from LMC lick balls.

13. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

lm14 , I think flashback is going to keep me happy.

14. Rob68

Rob68

Sacramento Vintage Ford is a good source. As mentioned, Dennis Carpenter. Be careful with LMC. Their online catalogue is somewhat tricksy (at least to me). I needed a fuel sender for my 58 F100 so I went on line with LMC and found it in the catalogue. Orderedand it and the fuel line and they were both wrong. Turns out my search took me to the aftermarket fuel tanks instead of the stock tanks, (I assumed it was the stock tank setup I was viewing). They were cool with returning but would not pay for shipping. Heard of other not great stories from them as well.