Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Somebody In NJ Save This Car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mark T, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Mark T

Mark T

2. Can't open craigslist at work- what kind of car is it?

3. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

It looks like a 36 Ford Tudor. I see fenders in the back seat! Its a humpback also. A great price if both front fenders are there and the hood/grille.

4. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

Are you sure it's the whole car? ad Says Buy this Frame.

5. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

The word "save" is a stretch at the $3500 price tag. Not a bargain.

patmanta likes this.
  6. The tone of the add tell me it is for the entire car, as it sits. He calls it a 34-47 Model T, he says cars, back then didn't have titles. Obviously not a car guy with something he needs to get rid of

40fordtudor likes this.
  7. Mark T

Mark T

I called the guy and he told me that the body is included and the floors were pretty good, some rust holes.

It comes with 4 fenders, the hood and grille

The engine is missing but there is a transmission

Starter, generator and other parts are in the car

He said he thinks the car is a '35

8. At 3500 you'll be involved with a buyers charity and saving the buyer. It could be a good deal if you had to have a hump back sedan.

However, folks have no qualms about offering 60 to 70% less than what I'm asking. They must get a kick out of it I think. So in my shallow wisdoms I jacked the prices 200% . :)

9. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Shit! That is cool and not far from me. Linden used to be a big hot rod town "back in the day". I grew up two towns over.

10. I like hump backs better then slant backs, I have no idea of the year of the car other than it is older then '37 or 8. The seller may be close to correct on the title thing, many states had a registration back then. An east coaster would know more about that then I would.

I don't think that no engine would be a big deal for most I of us, unless of course it had been a hot rod with historical significance. That would be a great loss.

patmanta likes this.
  11. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

Hell, there was drag racing at Linden airport!! Many eons ago.

12. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Did they have a solid roof in 36?

13. F&J

F&J

1935, going by the wire wheel bolt pattern. 36 was wide five.

some northeastern states don't require a title on old cars.

there are transmission adapters in the hamb classifieds, for Chevy, Olds and Cad motors, so what are you all waiting for :)

14. redo32

redo32

DOH! '35 wires. Edit....your faster than me

15. 56 Shoebox where are you from in N.J. I am from Berkeley Heights.Bruce.

16. Well lets see in my case I would be waiting for about 4-4.5K :oops::(

3500 for the car plus whatever it costs me to go half way across the US to get it. :eek: :D

17. 56shoebox

56shoebox

I grew up in Woodbridge. Now I live down the shore, near Belmar.

18. OH ok I know where that is ThanksBruce.

19. Have done my share of buying older cars in the northeast. If there is no title it can be a bitch now-a-days to get one. Use to be easier but now a lot of states are making it tougher to get titles if the car doesn't already have one. Could buy an out of state car without a title with a current registration and get a title in PA. If there is no title or registration on the car some states were a lot less lenient with the rules on getting a registration but must by now have cracked down. Not saying I've ever done it but in the past if you bought a car with no paperwork and you had a friend with a cabin in New Hampshire you could get him the resister the car there and send a current registration to get a title in PA. Now-a days if the car has no paper work (registration or title) it is nearly impossible and not worth the effort to be bothered trying to get a title. There are ways around it in PA you can build a car and get a reconstructed title but it is a hassle. Lots of money, paper work and bureaucratic bullshi_ involved in getting a reconstructed title in PA but it can be done if you are in love with a specific car and you really have to have it. Cars with reconstructed and/or salvage titles generally sell for less resale. It's always best to buy a car with good paperwork because of less hassle involved. Not worth me saving it for $3’500.00 with no title. Model T -WTF - apparently the seller is clueless and delusional. Move on to the next sucker. If anyone is interested in that car for that price I got a bridge I can sell you.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  20. Mark T

Mark T

I just check the link and it looks like its still available.

Also looks like he reduced the price to $2500

21. You got a picture of that bridge Dick Splint, or would that be going off topic?

22. Nope