Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Where to buy mopar valves??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcmopar, Mar 27, 2015.

1. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I have a 1970 318 out of a tradesman camper van. I also have a 340 6-pak intake, and a newly acquired set of 1971-1972 340 J heads that need rebuilding. I have some missing parts on these heads, where is the best place to buy springs, retainers, and valves. For you engine guys what would be a nice cam for this set up?

2. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Are you going to need hardened valve seats?

3. BOBCRMAN

BOBCRMAN
    from Holly

Any REAL auto parts store or automotive machine shop can get replacement valves springs, locks , retainers, seals, etc. SBI, Qualcast, Engine Pro, Fed-Mogul, PEP all do valve train parts. Also try Northern Auto mail order.

Yes you will need hard exhaust seats if the vehicle is used more than a parade vehicle. Those heads crack thru the seats if run without something to prevent seat/valve face erosion.

4. manyolcars

manyolcars

theres probably a forum somewhere for those kind of cars

5. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Have you tried your local Chrysler Dodge dealer? Ask for the Mopar Performance Parts catalog. OEM quality parts made specifically for your car. Not a cam profile developed for a Chev 350 on a Dodge core.

6. call mancinni racing. they offer stainless valves at a good price they have all the other pieces also. get on their mailing list. they are the number one mopar perf warehouse. 1-586-790-4100

7. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I am not sure what kind of car you are talking about, but this is going in a 1937 Dodge pickup, and I think that I am in the right forum. This will be my daily driver, so I am not looking for a power house, just a strong runner. I did not know if there was a better spot to but these parts or not.

8. saltracer219

saltracer219

Rockauto has them, Sealed power, very reasonable......

9. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Is it worth the money to buy the ss steel ones?

10. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

You may do so research before you use those heads. Most of the camper 318 used a lower compression piston. The 340 heads should have bigger combustion chamber than the 318 heads. That would lower your compression even more. The late 318 heads around 85 or 86 are the best heads to use i think the number endss in 308. Look on Moparts.com for some good info.

11. 73RR

73RR

For some additional input I'll second the moparts forum as well as www.forabodiesonly.com Lots-o-smallblock folks at each.
    For a cam you might follow the Mopar engine manual parts lists or, use the 69-70 340 cam, either the manual or TF version. I have used them both in 318 builds over the years and always happy with the results. If you cannot find a copy of the manual let me know and I'll email a scan of the pages.

12. Summit racing www.summitracing .com

13. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

competitionproducts.com/

14. Run the Mopar 484 purple shaft you will like it. summit, jegs just about anybody has the parts. moparts sucks anymore as does abody and ebody only.