Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods does your wife have her own toolbox?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JOECOOL, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

No she does not! I like the high heels and nylons type of girl.

lothiandon1940 and dan c like this.
  2. flyboy89

flyboy89
    from So. Cal.

Yea, she has one. It's full of needles, pins, bobbins, spools of thread, some kind of machine, etc. She also uses thumb tacks to hang pictures.

3. chriseakin

chriseakin

My wife has two toolboxes in a cupboard downstairs, but i am sure I get a lot more use out of them than she does, doing stuff around the house, although she does occasionally accuse me of not putting things back - which is probably true. I tend to lose things, found the tv remote in the fridge once. I keep my tools in the garage - at her request, apparently tools dont belong in the house for some reason, even if thats where they get most use.

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Yup. She bot hot pink so I wouldn't use 'em. Didn't work

5. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i just love your avatar. but as far as a toolbox is concerned, my wife calls hers "a purse."

volvobrynk and mctim64 like this.
  6. Yup, and I don't mess with 'em.

7. At our 1st home we had an connected garage, tools did wander. Now on our mountain top home my shop is down the other side of the house and my wife rarely wanders down there now .lol. Bruce. 005.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  8. banjorear

banjorear

Mine does as well. Not as cool as Brad2v's, but she does have one.

9. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Oh yea.
    But there's not a wrench or hammer in it.
    She uses tools that don't give you calluses.

[​IMG]

Bruce Fischer and volvobrynk like this.
  10. tommy49

tommy49

My wife has here own tools, her own desk/work bench in the workshop. She has 1/2 of a bay in a 3 bay garage, and I don't touch anything in there, except HER 21" snow blower, maybe. She bought her own 52" rider mower with power steering, chainsaw, and dump utv. She uses any tool she wants and puts them back. I couldn't get the work on the 49 without her. She can even lay shingles!

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. Saxxon

Saxxon

I have 3 fully looded boxes (Garage, Shop, Trailer) and my wife doesn't touch them. But she has her own tools and I'm all about the pink tool box. My wife loves hers. Now you can get pink tools. Guess what - she's buying her own. Cordless drill with a variety of attachments - pink.. Socket and srew driver sets - pink.... In a ironic tuirn of events she got angry at me for using her pink drill and not putting it back... (She was right... bad husband)

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. My wife has all her own tools, when I married her she came with her own spray gun!

13. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

She sure does, and all the cheap, Harbor Freight "free stuff with a purchase" goes directly to her or my daughter. The garage out back is mine, at least I'm the one with the keys to it; she has the attached garage full of so much of her crap she can't even park her car in it. I've had to give her larger and larger tool boxes over the years as her tool collection grows. She does't seem to like it much when I use one of her tools to fix something quickly, because they're more easily at hand. The tool kit I gave my daughter has slowly been losing pieces here and there. At least they're not MY tools. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

MY WIFE HAS HER ON TOOL BOX AND SHE CAN MAKE A DAMN FINE SCREW DRIVER!!

15. Coffee cup and a butter knife.

16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

This thread has set itself up for this perfectly :D:D:D Here goes ;)
    My wife has a nice toolbox and my tool is in it regularly :D:D

volvobrynk likes this.
  17. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

See post #11.

18. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

:) Yup, I missed it :D

19. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Her tools are her two hands,she can do just about anything she tries

20. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

Yes...my wife does!....she said she didn't want to ''get into my tools'' in the garage, and she has a nice selection of new & used tools, which I've 'dipped into' now and then for a quick need:rolleyes:. She is actually pretty awesome wearing her coveralls, and has been working with me on her little 65' Triumph Spitfire, and can cuss out a rusty bolt just as good as I ever have:eek:....I think it's very cool....and fantastic way to 'share' some time together.

21. One of the best automatic transmission builders I've ever known was named Sue. She had her own tool cabinet and her own stainless steel workbench that her husband built for her as an anniversary present. Only thing her husband would do to an automatic transmission was pull it out of the car, put it on her workbench, and put it back in the car when she finished it. Nobody touched Sue's toolbox or stainless steel workbench.

volvobrynk likes this.
  22. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I have a buddy, around my farthers age, who have wife. They both sailed as first and second machinist on a big boat going around Denmark and a couple of times to Greenland.

One year for here birthday he gave her a matching set of valves from a B&W alpha ship engine. Is candlelight holders (correct name?)

For those of you who doesn't know a B&W, it was a danish is ship firm, shipyard and engine manufacture out of Denmark.

Further more, that mill the valves came out of was a 3 cylinder in a 4 cylinder block, running the last cylinder as a water cooled, in block blower. It ran on Diesel, had a quiet large displacement and ran about 625rpm flat out, but piston speed was faster then a formula 1 engine.

And the wife got more happy then my wife, when I buy here lingerie and do the dishes
    Wish it was me!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  23. 55for65

55for65
    from Michigan

Yes she has her own toolbox plus a slip roller, she wants to learn tig. Only problem is, she want half the shop!

24. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Yeah its called a kitchen.

25. 5window

5window

So, you're married to Macgyver?

26. You know there is a lot of truth to that statement,,my wife can usually produce a screwdriver or a crescent wrench from the abyss of her 50 pound purse. :D HRP

27. Yes, my wife has her truck, '40 dodge wrecker, roll away w/top box, & stainless work bench in her two car attached garage. She works on her cars, my cars and our "projects". The yard tools are hers...she cuts the grass and landscapes. She also helped build our garages and HER target practice backstop. :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  28. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

'Yes and I put my tool in it...........................someone had to say it!'

First wife was like that,cost me just about everything I had
    Bitch even took all the light bulbs and the shower heads when she took off

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  29. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When my wife started doing metal sculpture she borrowed tools as she needed them, which wasn't often, but.......I decided I had enough tools that I could set her up with all she needed, she has some in a two drawer tool box and others in drawer units that we have picked up. Nice having her in the shop, she had to help me pull fenders off of a car tonight, nice to have her catch it so it doesn't fall on me:) Life is good.

volvobrynk likes this.
  30. ChefMike

ChefMike

My wife has her own tool box I gave it to her for a birthday gift one year and she puts it to use a lot. she loves power tools especially and I love her !

volvobrynk likes this.