Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Custom Autosound kit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Sounded great, plenty of bass and treble both, and it doesn't take up much space on the bench seat, at all. The Flowmaster 50s don't contribute any noticeable noise/drone at highway speeds, either. I'd prefer to have a bigger, fuller sound, but this is a temporary solution, and it works well for $150. It includes a speakerphone option, too!

2. EW_

EW_
    from DFW

There will be many Bluetooth amplifiers (eliminating the need for a headunit) available this year. Kenwood will have one with a small remote. JL Audio and Kicker will also offer similar Bluetooth solutions. Some manufacturers will not use a controller and you would control everything from the phone.
    http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/amplifiers/kac-m1824bt/

3. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We fitted custom auto sound to out custom 54 Victoria. Would I purchase on again , definite NO. The first one had several problems , sent it back to our great supplier , he sent it off to be repaired . Yay all good. Then one Year later pull it out again as it lost all sound , so our buddy from the sounds shop sends it away again . 10 weeks total with no sounds.
    Got over all this. 3yrs later out of warranty, it intermittently turns off, nope it's not a wiring fault as we got a sparky to check it out to be sure we hadn't wired something incorrectly.
    Now another fault has developed in that the volume is lost ,not completely but will be random and not go over a certain number then when we try to turn it up the digital numbers just goes back to a lot lesser number,in a random sequence.
    In my opinion they look nice but are poor import excuses .vote NO WAY for custom auto sound junk. We love our rockabilly sounds when on the road, so my vote is stay away from custom auto sound.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  4. salf100

salf100

Anyone use something other than a head unit for FM radio? I like listening to the radio and haven't found an app for my phone that I like. Anyone using something different?