Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 52 Flathead / 32 Frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1937 Fordor, Mar 9, 2015.

1. I have a 1952-53 EAB flathead engine. It is missing a few things, including the oil pump and oil pan. I was thinking eventually I would have this engine rebuilt so I could use it with a 1932 Ford reproduction frame. Would I need to use the Pick up truck oil pump and oil pan? I think I read somewhere that I would not be able to use the passenger car oil pan in 1932 Ford Frame. Any help appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  2. We used a 49 engine out of a truck in our 32 frame with no problem. Of course we used the flat mount water pumps. Whatever you do to your flathead, it should easily fit. The larger question is what tranny and therefore what wish bone (split vs. non split, etc.) will you use?

3. I have a 1984-85 Mustang T-5 but I am probably not going to use it. The gear shift sits so far back. Would like an open system but will go 1939 closed maybe--or later Ford with open system. Still kicking this around. For the front end will go hairpins on the front axle. Starting to collect parts for this project. I am so happy I have this engine.

4. clem

clem

I have. '49 8BA in a 32 frame with car sump. Seems to work.

5. Just take into consideration steering rods when your mocking things up. its best to have everything from the begining then redo later.

6. jamesd1502

jamesd1502
    from san diego

or a chevy S-10 (mid 80's) T-5. Shifter is located more towards the front of the vehicle..the flattie will appreciate that 5th gear :)

7. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Mine does!!!

8. 42merc

42merc

An 8BA oil pan fits with NO Problems in a '32-'34 chassis.

9. Thanks all. Not sure where I picked up that info. That's why I came here to ask. Knew I would get the straight dope on the HAMB. Glad to know I can look for the car oil pan and sump when I start to rebuild. If an S-10 T-5 opportunity presents itself, I just may go that way. We'll see. Thanks all for the help.

10. I want to put this engine on an engine stand soon. What size, thread, grade bolts should I use to hang this engine on the stand? I'll be using the bell housing holes.