Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1924 studebaker chop top

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hank50car, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Have you guys seen the 24 stude coupe on ebay ? It has a heavy chop and a fastback that was formed with wood lathe and was originally covered in aircraft fabric. Allegedly built in late 30's. It is listed under salvage parts cars. It is kinda cool has photo of car with owner in its early days in the ad. Sorry I'm not skilled enough to post a link.

2. I found it interesting because he replaced the engine with a Willys 77 4 banger and put the Willys trans and stude trans together to give it 9 forward gears. The body lines are off a little but it is still pretty slick

3. aircap

aircap

We've been talking about it over on the Studebaker Drivers Club forum. I think it's bitchin.

4. ChampRod

ChampRod
    from Tucson, AZ

5. I don't get the twin trans deal. In the lowest gear, it would redline at, what, 2 MPH? OK if you're building a doodlebug tractor. I liked it better as a stock coupe. At some angles it looks sorta OK, but, overall, it's pretty heinous

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks for the link, rare that something like has period photos to go with it. If you look at is REAL fast it looks a bit like the Round Door Rolls Royce in the Petersen collection. I sure hope the right person buys it, ande either leaves it as or does a total no holds bared restoration on it. Bob