Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Kong Jackson Oil Filter Adapter for Flathead

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 28A, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Hi guys, i've posted this up before but it was prior to the forum shift, so it may get a bit more attention in this format.

I've seen plenty of threads on Kong Jackson and his cylinder heads for Flathead V8's.. but have not come across anything in regards to this odd and possibly rare item i have. I believe it is an oil filter adapter to suit a Model A 4cyl, or possibly a '32 4 banger.. But if i drill one extra hole in the mounting tab of it i'll be able to easily bolt it to the sump pan of my Flathead.

Edit: I should say, i could already utilize one of the holes but i'm sure two would be a bit more secure..

I would like to know if anyone has ever seen one before, used one / any knowledge of setup, or simply an idea of the time frame in which this item was made?

Heres a fresh picture of it as of this afternoon after giving it a wire wheel to clean it up.

[​IMG]

2. 4bangertroy

4bangertroy
    from Phoenix

I have one on my motor. I don't know how early they were made. I got mine about 10 years ago from Phil Andrews who has many of the Kong Jackson molds. I think Phil still casts these. It works well. Bolts on to the pan rail at the right front corner.

3. OneRustedDodge

OneRustedDodge

Awesome looking piece!
    Is Phil Andrews on the HAMB, 4bangertoy?

4. 4bangertroy

4bangertroy
    from Phoenix

I don't think so. He moved to Oregon a while back and I don't have a current phone # for him. Might try [email protected]

5. 4bangertroy,

Could you throw a pic up of your adapter and maybe put some points on how its plumbed like which is inlet, outlet, is the grub screw for a pressure gauge? And what filter fits it? Part number ect?

Appreciate any help mate!

6. 4bangertroy

4bangertroy
    from Phoenix

Here you go. Either side is inlet and top is outlet. I use the other side for pressure gauge hookup. I use a stilko filter on it. If I remember right it is threaded for a ford filter. I would take it to the parts store and try some on for size.

Attached Files:

7. Great pics, thanks for the info mate! Really helpful.

8. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Very interesting, cool item.

9. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

I have one on my car too...

10. OneRustedDodge

OneRustedDodge

Phil Andrews email doesn't work. Do you have any other forms of contact?