Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Make over has begun on my tudor sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hd1084, Sep 7, 2014.

1. One of my favorite Ford colors but did not think we wanted it on the 46-

2. nelson845

nelson845
    from Sewaren,NJ

Much improved. The pix links do not work for me either.

3. I can't see the pics either, maybe you need to change the permission settings in your media album.
    hamb error.JPG

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I like the direction you are headed with the car. One thing, lose the whitewalls.
    They look like shit on a hot rod. A custom or restoration maybe, but not on a serious hot rod.
    When I grew up whitewalls were reserved for the cream puff cruisers, not for the go fast hot rod crowd.

loudbang likes this.
  5. I like the whitewalls with your new wheels, hoping to see the latest progress pics. Keep up the makeover you are doing great

verde742 likes this.
  6. Making some head way with the body work.
    The chassis and components have been powder coated.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ct1932ford and loudbang like this.
  7. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Sweet car, I never liked white walls either but the change to the steel wheels made them look 100% better. The wheels really were an improvement. Also has anyone told you that the breather really sucked you had on there? The links didn't work for me either, keep the pics coming, this is one sharp build.

8. Thanks and the breather is gone. Putting a three deuce set up on it.

9. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

I seen that, I was joking on the breather since it was mentioned several times, but it really didn't fit the car. Your doing a great job.

10. Finally have all the major body work done and sprayed three coats of epoxy primer/filler today. Now the fun begins block sanding it all down for final prep

Attached Files:

ct1932ford likes this.
  11. Keep the faith, sanding sucks:p

12. Getting the chassis all back into one piece again. Coming along pretty good.
    untitled.png

13. Sat the body on today for fitment. All wenr well and starting to look like something again.... IMG_1304.JPG

Attached Files:

14. BOBCRMAN

BOBCRMAN
    from Holly

Comes up HAMB error my computer. I am following your build. Just pulled a 30 out the northern Mich. woods.

15. mike bowling

mike bowling

Amazing what a few simple changes can make- thankyou for "saving" that poor Tudor!
    It's gone from a hot rod/ street rod hybrid to lookin' mighty fine! ( I love Cragers, but not on that! And that freakin' air cleaner scoop thing WTF?; did anyone mention that??? (HaHa)
    Keep up the good work!

16. Thanks, Mike. I just keep plugging away and hope to have a decent lookin hot rod once all is done.

17. IMG_1309.JPG IMG_1310.JPG Testing the waters with some color. Sprayed some Gray I had in a spray bomb on the grill shell and installed today. I'm sorta liking the Gray with the Black chassis & Maroon wheels. Maybe a more Darker Bluish Gray ?? Any thoughts ??

T-roaster and Tim like this.
  18. IMG_20151226_130152.jpg Applied three coats of epoxy primer filler today. Now ready for block sanding, "AGAIN". I know preparation is what makes a nice job but I'm so tired of sanding.... Won't be long now and we will be spraying color. "Finally". IMG_20151226_130418.jpg IMG_20151226_130226.jpg

19. loudbang

loudbang

So which color have you decided on. LOL the sealer looks pretty close to your spray can grille shell color.

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. walter

walter

Looking great!

21. Actually I have decided on "Doeskin" the color on CT1932Fords beautiful roadster.

016.JPG

volvobrynk and loudbang like this.
  22. Thumbs up for ditchin the gray, just my humble opinion :oops:

23. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Any thoughts about the gas lid door? If you like it, ok, if not now is the time.

24. Also, the front 4 bar setup looks ok on a fendered car, not so much on an open wheel one. It's your car, do with it what you may.

25. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I like the grey better.

26. car doctor

car doctor

I like the gray better too!

27. At least it's Not going to be "BLUE", He He. Hey everyone has there colors. Some will like it and some won't. But the bottom line is it only has to suit one person..... My favorite color is Orange but it just don't go with the look I'm going after this time. So "Doeskin Tan" it's going to be.

28. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Hey whats wrong with blue? I love tans and grays. Any way you go with an original color its going to look great.