Register now to get rid of these ads!

History More Dream Cars and Nightmares

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill McGuire, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Ran across this YouTube video this morning. The 1956 GM Motorama with song and dance. The interesting part starts at about 5:55 and shows the Cadillac Town Car and some of the other "futuristic" cars .....

2. A cult classic. Trippy huh? Was even on Mystery Science Theater 3000. Thanks, that was fun.

3. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

4. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Here's a 1955 Oldsmobile 88 Delta .....

[​IMG]

5. Thanks. that's a good one, little known today.

6. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Now this was an intressting thread. Hadent seen that 1965 Dodge Charger before, just seen that Dodge Charger roadster one in 1964

7. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Really feeling that '55 Biscayne for some reason. Great to know it escaped it's fate with the crusher with the help of great forsight and a daring stash.

Lovin' the dream/nightmare series. Right on.

8. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I always liked the looks of that car from the first time I saw photos of it. Especially the side view. I think there was another version that looked something like it but with more conventional looking headlights.

9. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Here's one for you van fans .....

[​IMG]

This 1955 GMC L'Universelle looks like a current day custom. Lowered with a rake too.

Some of the photos I posted are on this blog site and if you'd like to see more of the GM concept cars, click on the link below .....

10. The L'Universelle is a fascinating vehicle...for example, the drivetrain was Pontiac V8 run through a GMC Coach transverse drive. Body was fiberglass. Look for a feature devoted to this great vehicle at MCG.

11. MoparFinman

MoparFinman
    from Okla

Heres a picture of a custom Buick Van that reminds me of that GM Van.

Attached Files:

12. Not to spoil the fun but that is a photoshop job. I know, right? It might be better not to know.

13. MoparFinman

MoparFinman
    from Okla

Well thanks it was sent to me from another so I would not have known.

14. It's a pretty cool Buick either way!

15. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

I am suprised no one put pics of Virgil Exner's assymetrical styling exercises on the 1962 Plymouth on here.The one with the "centerline" of the car offset to the driver's side.

16. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Moparfinman that Buick van is the coolest van I have ever seen. Tons of work went into that one. My old boss grew up in Detroit and personally witnessed a bunch of the concept cars that the manufactures had CRUSHED at the scrap yard he use to hang around. They even showed up with several new concept cars on transports to all be crushed. He said it made him sick seeing it happen.

17. Would that be the Virgil Exner XNR? The asymmetrical styling was inspired by the slant-six engine... and the XNR, in turn, apparently inspired Tes Smith's XR6 hot rod, 1963 AMBR winner.