Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Building the Chevy II Gasser "The Boogie Man"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chris dunn, Jul 19, 2013.

1. OldColt

OldColt

So Chris keeps Gene's 427 tall deck block.

Oh well, we certainly won't have to worry about Quain
    coming up with enough engine for the Boggie Man. :D

--- Steve ---

2. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Ok here's the scoop. I don't usually buy 1/2 built cars but I knew Chris had did a super job on this one because I had stopped by from time during the build when I came to Anderson to see Cromer. When he told me that he was going to sale the boggie man because of having to move out of the country I made a deal with him. Now I don't know what I'm going to do with it. I have a man thinking about buying Donovans Anglia if he does I'm going to let Donovan finish it and race it next year. If the Anglia don't sale my brother and Donovan's dad Mitch (2003 pro mod world champ and first man to go 5.99 in a door car) is talking about buying it. If that don't happen I'm going to get it rolling and sale it to try and make a dollar. If the new owner lets me finish it I will finish the build thread. As most of y'all know I haven't finished my build thread yet so maybe I do better on this one. Hopefully it will be on the track as a Gasser some time next year. ~Quain~

3. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I vote Mitch building and getting back in the game.:D

MELTDOWN DRAGS
    JULY 18-20 2014

4. OldColt

OldColt

Any new news on the Boogie Man? --- Steve ---

5. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Steve I have had to put it on the back burner to many customers cars to get ready for the big year we have coming up with the Southeast Gasser. I hope to get started on it somewhere around the end of March. It is for sale I can get it rolling or how ever it is wanted.

6. OldColt

OldColt

My wife was a big fan of the Boogie Man build, and asked me to get on the forum and give her an update. Chris had it well on the way to being a great well built gasser race machine. I just hope it winds up in a good Gasser group such as the Southeast Gassers :), and not as some show only trailer queen, or street freak.:mad: That Chevy II needs to be on a track wheelstanding, banging gears, and entertaining race fans. :D

--- Steve ---

7. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I was planning to finish it when I bought it but got so busy that I couldn't but if it don't sale I'll finish it. I have been trying to get My brother Mitch to finish it and run with us. His son Donovan Stott is running the white trash anglia with us now.

Perk74 likes this.
  8. chris dunn

chris dunn

Well guys after months. I have some awesome news!!!! I didn't go overseas to work. And a few months ago I bought back the BOOGIE MAN. And have made a ton of progress I will be posting pics soon and try to bring everyone back up to speed.... And a BIG thank you to my friend Quain Stott for wanting me to have it back...

AHotRod likes this.
  9. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

That's great news. Really looking forward to seeing how it's progressing.:)

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

cool...I just found this thread and read the whole thing and was somewhat perturbed that I wasn't gonna get to see it finished.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. I gotta drop by and check out the progress. HRP

12. Hey Chris thanks again for the hospitality this past weekend. Food was awesome!! Remember we both have front row seats next spring for greer so get busy its closer then you think. Ed

13. Glad to see you got it back and are building it! x2 on the dinner Saturday that was awesome!

14. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Any updates on the Boogie Man?

15. Mac30

Mac30
    1. S.F.C.C.

X2

16. chris dunn

chris dunn

Thanks guys. I just loaded a ton of pic to photo bucket. We are making awesome progress!!!! I will start loading pics over the next few days and keep you guys posted better!!!!

17. Good to hear your back on track. HRP

18. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Gonna have to follow this one.

19. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

What is it Larry always says?
    You're up 3dubya

20. chris dunn

chris dunn

Here's the steering box witch is off a 1963 Fiat spider. I got the idea for this box off Gene Cromer willy that's whats on it. It only weighs 5.8 lbs. bbbbb 008.JPG bbbbb 009.JPG bbbbb 010.JPG

AHotRod likes this.
  21. chris dunn

chris dunn

Getting started with the mock up motor and trans. We changed up to a sbc engine to save weight. bm 7-23-14 001.JPG

Attached Files:

AHotRod, willys41, Merlin and 2 others like this.
  22. Looking good Chris. Small block my a*s like a wolf dressed up to be red riding hood. a big little small block.

chris dunn likes this.
  23. powrshftr

powrshftr

Can't wait to see more on this one!:D

Scott

24. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

patiently waiting

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  25. Neat little steering box. I like that alot. I would think they are a little hard to find?

26. awesome to see progress on this!

27. chris dunn

chris dunn

I got it off e-bay less than a 100.00 shipping and all....

powrshftr likes this.
  28. chris dunn

chris dunn

Got the Hightower trans in and motor mounts and mid-plate and trans crossmember DONE!!!! I made the trans crossmember out of aluminum to save a little more weight.

Attached Files:

AHotRod likes this.
  29. chris dunn

chris dunn

I also switched to coil spring in place of leaf springs and save even more weight and got adjustable... And added a drive shaft loop..

Attached Files:

AHotRod likes this.
  30. sch-1

sch-1

Are you going to be allowed to run with the SEGA with that rear suspension?