Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Blown Away Prices

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by truckncoupe, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Just gotta vent. Is it just me or what? I'm blown away by the prices people are asking for their rides or projects these days. Seems like if you really want a nice driver plan on starting high and the finished ones are way out there. Just my thoughts, Guess the good times ARE really over for good! Still shopping though

2. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Cruise CL might not find a merc but I found a 48 buick running driving survivor for cheap. I really wish I had space I would hop all over it.

3. So build one yourself. People dont realize all those nickle and dime parts and pieces really add up FAST.

JimSibley likes this.
  4. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Yes it is expensive to build one I know for sure. But heck it wasn't that long ago I found Flat Cad his 38 coupe for 800 bucks to start with. Now yard or field art seems to start at 4500 and up. Wow

5. I need to sell wherever you are looking.

6. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

I hear your thought. People want $ 8,500.00 for a vehicle that needs $ 25,000.00 worth of restoration that will only be worth $ 24,000.00 after restoration. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I guess maybe that the good ol' days of reasonability are long gone. It makes one wonder what will become of the overall market within 10 years ?

VR&C.

7. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

I think it's relative to what it is as far as a "nice driver, or finished ones". I build and do most my own work and know what it cost to get them to that point and what I would charge to do so. Yet a lot of people won't bat an eye when buying a new Harley or brand new vehicle. Unfortunately $20,000 isn't going to get you much if the car is relatively desirable and a nice driver, or a finished one as you put it.

8. Evan the old parts are out of this world to buy on a budget. I would like a visor for my 47 fleetline those things are 600.00 and up. That's a lot of cash for a look. But it looks really cool.

9. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Thank you. My point exactly

10. Its called supply and demand.

PBRmeASAP likes this.
  11. wvenfield

wvenfield

Part of the fun is the search for affordable stuff.

fast30coupe likes this.
  12. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

No doubt about that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.