Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Why did the Silver Bullet thread get locked??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by faster346, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faster346

faster346

2. 117harv

117harv

You may have been the reason, late drag racing and Camaros aren't what this site is about.

3. This is a "traditional" hot rod site. I didn't read it, but that thread looks like it was about muscle cars. We don't do that here. Ask the moderators in the questions forum for a definite answer.

4. 117harv

117harv

5. faster346

faster346

Well the thread has been activly open with posts ranging from back in 2008, to the last post (previous to mine) being last week of this year...so obviously it was an interesting topic to many here. I guess I'll take my ass back to Yellowbullet!

6. Mark T

Mark T

The car is too new for this site

7. faster346

faster346

8. wvenfield

wvenfield

Some may be paying attention to the complaints about the HAMB becoming more like Popular Hot Rodding.

9. Not many rules on the Hamb but this should answer your question.

4. We cover traditional '65 and older American cars only. All other threads will be deleted. We don't cover rat rods, muscle cars, mustangs, or VWs.

Older threads than this have been deleted or locked in the past. HRP

10. faster346

faster346

Gotcha. Well I guess "the hamb" staff has been slacking since circa 2008 when the Silver Bullet thread was created, and actively posted in since to present day. Kind of a shame, lots of good history in that thread and many good topics of conversation.

plumbid likes this.
  11. Too bad. I found the thread very interesting.

MUNCIE likes this.
  12. Kinky6

Kinky6

Is it possible that the Silver Bullet thread could be moved over to the Dog Fight board, or is that a technical PITA?

13. Possibly, there has been a renewed interest with the administrator & all the moderators to refocus on traditional hot rods and customs.

At least the tread wasn't deleted. HRP

14. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

The Silver Bullet DSC_0248.JPG

slammed likes this.
  15. slammed

slammed

turboroadster likes this.
  16. Dr HEMI

Dr HEMI
    from NW Ohio

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    jaw22w likes this.
  17. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Hey, I thought the thread was really good. But, the car ('67) and some of the other cars posted in the thread are just too new for this board. The cut-off for the content here, is '65 and the 300 page thread you reference is just within the cut-off.
    Like I said it's a good thread, and I love that car. It just doesn't belong here.

18. As a long time active member of this site I call BS on locking the thread............. Total BS! There are always exceptions to the rules......and Jimmy's GTX is one of those exceptions.

19. manyolcars

manyolcars

please do something about your avatar too. its GROSS

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. Dr HEMI

Dr HEMI
    from NW Ohio

Point taken and I hope that the entire thread can be moved to somewhere appropriate so it may continue.
    I guess the model years allowed by Good Guys are not in concert with these forum rules either.

I do take serious issue with the way faster346 was treated by some members. I for one feel that an
    apology is in order (you know who you are).

If you're not man enough for that then I feel sorry for you.

Maybe there ought to be rules for excessive crotchiness in the bylaws. I'm old but Lord knows that this
    place could benefit from some younger blood before everybody else dies!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  21. slammed

slammed

You failed to see the correlation of that thread being locked up right after the newbie posted up?

22. Isn't about anyone's age.....It's about the forum,and what it adheres to.

23. Its nothing personal. This forum has its rules and parameters it wants to adhere to. Coming to the HAMB and wanting it to change to what YOU like, then getting upset is much along the lines of going to an Italian restaurant, then throwing a fit because they wont make you a taco.

24. :rolleyes:HHMMMM a taco pizza sounds good about now!

HOTRODPRIMER and prewarcars4me like this.
  25. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

That original thread from years ago drifted into Drag Racing with many pictures of cars much newer that HAMB ERA Traditional Hot Rods which is what the HAMB is all about.

Yes we run a tight site as with over 200,000 members - we let one slide then 100 other guys want " can't you just let this slide" about my 76 Vega Drag Car......
    If we did that, then the HAMB wouldn't be the HAMB so we hold to Traditional ERA of the 30's,40's,50's to early 60's Hot Rods and Customs.

Nothing personal , strictly editorial decision to close it and not delete it.
    The same with this post as well to close it and not delete it so you can read and understand why.

Thanks,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.