Register now to get rid of these ads!

All lurk and no post makes Jack a dull boy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Nostrebor, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Greetings from Southwest Missouri!

I've been lurking about and posting occasionally for a while but never made a proper introduction. My name is Dave Robertson (nostrebor) and I'm 45 years old, married for almost 25 years and have 2 awesome kids, 15 and 9, girl and boy. I work in a senior management position in the manufacturing/construction industry.

I've had the car addiction since I was old enough to do spray paint color changes on my Tonka trucks. I started building cars in earnest at age 11 with a 55 1st series Chevy truck that my parents used as a farm truck. I spent my entire childhood riding in and learned to drive in it. I went on my first date with my wife in it. It was built and rebuilt 3 times in 8 years starting with the 235/3 speed and ending up with a serious street sbc and 4 speed and the full paint/detail/ 80's build philosophy. During that time I also powered through several different builds culminating in a 66 Chevy shortbed pro street before I graduated High school in 1988. I then proceeded to become a Corvair addict after buying a 65 Monza Convertible on a whim. My wife and I daily drove a pair of show quality Vairs for several years and I bought and sold over 20 of them. I also have a bit of a "thing" for 70's era Ford trucks, but never owned a nice one. I've been on many adventures in a beater Ford truck. Somewhere in that middle of that I sold my 55 and regret that decision from the minute it left.

After my daughter was born I took a 14 year break from cars and focused on career, marriage, and raising kids. I dabbled in other things (woodworking, arcade games and pinball machines) but never lost my love for cars. a few years ago my very nostalgic wife suggested we build a truck like the 55 again. She didn't have to ask twice. I started the search and the research to make up for 15 years lost. That research led to finding the HAMB and also started a collection of semi-decent original 54 Chevy trucks.

I did not end up building a truck (yet) because we figured out that our kids were as interested in cars and shows and cruises as we were. Once again my wife rolled out a request for an old ride, but with room for everybody. So I searched for a suitable candidate and ended up buying a 51 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 door from HAMBer Caddy-o. We spent last summer driving it around, attending some shows, and lovingly rubbing it with a baby diaper with the kids. It has been a great time.

I joined up on the HAMB because of the almost unlimited resource it has been in my research over the last 2 years. There is an amazing amount of knowledge stored here. I also appreciate the era and style of cars represented here, and look forward to sharing our future car adventures on the site.

2. Welcome. Nice intro.

3. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

WELCOME FROM SOUTH LOUISIANA GREAT INTRO

4. donboyd4

donboyd4

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1423180990.278573.jpg

What will my Grandson have to look at when he's my age at a car show?

5. donboyd4

donboyd4

Nice intro. Please send a picture of your '51. Here's a picture of mine.

6. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

This is the pic that caught my eye when I bought it... $_57.JPG

7. donboyd4

donboyd4

WOW! What a beauty!

8. Nice ride, excellent intro, much better than mine!