Register now to get rid of these ads!

Custom, Roth style, one-off, home-built, frankenstein hot rods...lets see them!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buzznut, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Stonebird

Stonebird

59 buick roadster.JPG 59 buick roadster rear.JPG

I pulled these from a video I found while looking for ideas for a 59 Buick 4 door that's coming my way.

Attached Files:

2. Jersey Larry

Jersey Larry

lots of good ideas here.

3. Jersey Larry

Jersey Larry

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  4. GaryC.

GaryC.

I was going through this thread today and noticed
    that 'Buzznut' put several of my concepts on about pages four and five. Thanks Buzznut!
    I thought you guys might like to see a couple newer ideas

Ultra-Violet.jpg purple_passion_by_garycampesi-d3fopnr.jpg 34_sedan-pickup.jpg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  5. Shelby12

Shelby12
    from Indiana

Here are some photos of my showrod called "The Spaceliner". IMG_3979.JPG IMG_3955.JPG IMG_3958.JPG IMG_3918.JPG IMG_3873.JPG

Attached Files:

6. j hansen

j hansen

I don`t know if this really fits into this thread,but i think it has some of Gary Campesi`s style. IMG_7754.jpg

Jersey Larry likes this.
  7. there is a green caddy in the background of the 59 Buick images that is narrowed and shortened.

8. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

This is beautiful! kind of reminds me of a Dick Tracy cartoon car. The biggest problem with Frankenstein cars is proportion. I think most guys start off without a perfect plan and the result is less than what they hoped for, so it gets left unfinished or rat rodded.
    Renderings are awesome, and Gary has a great eye for proportion and putting various recognizable elements into something new. However it is easy to adjust scale in a rendering, and body lines don't always fall where the artist drew them. The talented builder has both the eye for design and the skill to massage the pieces to perfection. The majority of these cars live on shock factor because they are different, but only a few become appreciated cars because the design and execution is just right.

9. A Boner

A Boner

More door for kids.
    image.jpg