Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1928 Dry Lakes Track Roadster AV8

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by SUHRsc, Jan 27, 2015.

1. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

City: Hershey

State: Pennsylvania
    Price: $40,000
    I am looking to possibly sell this car as-is. My plan was to finish it but life seems to have gotten in the way and its time to move on. This was built with the mindset of being in 1949 trying to build a sleek dry lakes car that would also be a real looker on the street.
    The frame is TIG welded 4130 chromolly tubing built with no bends and simple geometry as it would have been in the 40's. Shocks are cantilever mounted on all 4 corners to keep them out of the wind. the fronts are a 1:1 ratio while the rears are a 1:3 ratio due to the weight difference in the back of the car. The car will come with a stock 8RT engine with headers built to fit the chassis. 3 speed Ford transmission and a 3:78 banjo rearend. newer cast aluminum Hallock windsheild. 1940's Stewart Warner Century Gauges. Hand made aluminum nose, seats, dash, belly pan parts and various other bits. the body is a brookville with a smooth tank cover and deck formed edge along the interior. Hand made brass radiator. '32 front axle with hairpins made from wishbone ends and chromolly tubing. 40's ford cross steering box turned sideways for side steering. 32 spindles.
    this car is totally unfinished. A lot of the major work is done but no one part of the car is totally finished. I stopped working on it at this point for other reason, not built to this point just to sell.

You can search my posts on here titled "track roadster update" 1 2 3 etc.

Please contact me with any questions.

I will trade for a good '35 roadster or possibly '35 3 window. Or $40,000 cash or guaranteed funds.

Thanks for any interest
    Zach
    [email protected]
    www.zachsuhr.com

These photos are all various points in time. If someone is seriously interested I will take up to date photos showing exactly how the car is right now. And we can discuss any and all details, etc.

This first photo is recent in the garage where it is located now, near Hershey, PA.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(fake timing tag not included)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nomadness likes this.
  2. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

I've had a ridiculous amount of interest in this. I am blown away. Some very good trade offers but no cash yet. Thank you to everyone who has responded so far with interest or just compliments. I have moved the car into the heated workshop side of my garage so it will be available for anyone to see or to take more photos if needed.

Thanks!
    Zach

[​IMG]