Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from So Cal

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Dale Shore, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Dale Shore

Dale Shore

I am a nearly new member of this forum. Joined a while ago, but just started posting recently. Built my first hot rod when I was about 15 years old, this taking place in the mid 60s. 29 roadster on 32 frame, with 58 Pontiac 371 engine with factory tripower. It's the car shown in my avatar -- the only photo of the thing I have.

Sold the roadster around 1969 since I needed money for school, and pretty much got out of hot rodding. Then spent many years messing with other cars, mostly those foreign sports jobs with the motor in the trunk (Porsche) and off-road vehicles.

Around 2003, decided to get back into rodding, and got out of the other cars. Completed the build in 2011 of a 31 roadster pickup with flathead -- it's my drive anytime/anywhere beater. Have nearly completed the build of a 1934 Lincoln KA sedan with a Chrysler 392 hemi. It's been on hold a couple of years, since I got all wrapped up in another project. This one's a 33 5 window coupe with a 49 Caddy engine. Plan to get the coupe up & running and drivable, then should get back to the Lincoln.

Also have a 58 Ranchero that's nicely finished and road-able.

My other plans include not taking on any more projects.

DS

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  2. rcbooth

rcbooth

Dale,
    Interesting projects with interesting engines, proving that a small block Chevy is not necessary!
    RCB

3. welcome Dale
    and that should be a cool build. post some progress pics. sometime