Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Live from Pomona....GNRS 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tom davison, Jan 22, 2015.

1. exterminator

exterminator

I am so looking forward to Saturday!This is my second favorite show!Yeah!

2. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. The guy who taped that must have gone cross eyed by the time it was finished!

4. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

Dean i'am amazed that he got that far, how do they think of all those lines etc

5. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

I'm sorry there aren't more tonight...this hotel wi-fi is excruciatingly slow. DSC_4379.jpg DSC_4419.jpg DSC_4459.jpg DSC_4478.jpg

6. I don't know what amazes me more. The creativity to come up with a design like that, or the ability to carry it out. Who ever did that is a real artist.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

I just noticed that the chrome stuff is engraved, wow heavy duty man

Those lo-rider shops are laying down some wild paint, like you say they are real artists

8. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

Hi Tom

Amazing Pics as always, would you have a full car pic of the wild multi colored & designed gold lo-rider paint job

As we are just looking at the rear fender and would like to see the whole thing

Dean and I were commenting on the skills it takes to think of all those different designs on that beauty

Thanks, G Don

ME.GASSER likes this.
  9. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I recall an interview with a low rider painter who stated that he usually painted two cars a year, wonder how long that Chevy took.

10. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

I can see why the paint work is so costly, can you imagine how much masking tape & paper they use with all the different layers of paint

11. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for sharing Tom...

12. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

13. Ebert

Ebert

Thanks, Tom! Keep 'em coming!

14. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

15. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

For those of you who missed the move-in sunset Wednesday....yes that's So-Cal snow on the mountaintop. _DSC6826.jpg _DSC6846.jpg DSC_4614.jpg DSC_4622.jpg DSC_4636.jpg DSC_4638.jpg DSC_4642.jpg DSC_4663.jpg DSC_4669.jpg DSC_4794.jpg ............

Dave50, straykatkustoms and kiwijeff like this.
  16. slowmotion

slowmotion

Out-freakin'-standing! Thanks so much for the coverage Tom. For those of us who will most likely never make it there, this is a huge treat. Thanks again, & more, more, more, please.:D

17. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

More tonight....on my way to the show now.

18. Your eyes pick the right shot every time. Amazing job. Thank you for sharing with us poor old mid-westerners who have not been there. Lots of talented builders show there stuff there and a darned talented photographer shares his work. Can it get any better?
    Later,
    Dick

19. morepwr

morepwr
    from socal

I am so looking forward to seeing these cars in person! I am heading down that way in a little bit to go check the show out. Great primer to the show and makes me want to bolt out the door before everybody is ready!!

20. brad2v

brad2v

Thanks very much for doing this Tom. I've only been once, but you bring all of us there every year. Much appreciated.

21. 296ardun

296ardun

THANKS FOR POSTING!! So many famous cars, either the recreation or the original...for those of us who can't make it, this is the next best thing!

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks Tom! Hope you take a few shots of that blue chopped '40 Coupe. Bob

23. Boatmark

Boatmark

Some really outstanding cars to see. I keep coming back to that maroon three window with the Cadillac wheel covers - that is just so "right" in sooo many ways.
    I too would love to see the entire car from that incredible custom painted rear fender - I have a feeling the man who taped that paint job was last seen screaming off into the sunset. The level of patience and detail in that work is just incredible.

Thanks Tom for taking the time to share these with those of us who cannot see it in person. PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING!!!

24. Great stuff. I doubt that I'll ever get to go to there in person, so it's fantastic to see these shots. Thanks mate :)

Glen.

hipster likes this.
  25. Tom,your photos are always outstanding. HRP

hipster likes this.
  26. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

You are right Boatmark that taper is a ' Screamimg Mee Mee ' now after doing that very cool layout

Ditto on the 32' Maroon coupe also the light Grey 32' hi-boy is looking pretty good toooo

The color is a bit different but it sure sets very nice

27. Is this the Ford that Don Dillard (drd57) built? d dillards ford build.jpg

Dave50 likes this.
  28. No.

But it is there, unfinished in red oxide. (For Tony Miller)

29. WOODEYE

WOODEYE

Tom, Thank you for sharing your photos. Very nice

30. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ