Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Pearce's Paddy Wagon

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Jan 23, 2015.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

Pearce's Paddy Wagon

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. oldcargary

oldcargary
    from devore, Ca

What a nice piece of gasser history. Anglia, Morris minor, Thames, they were all used. This one obviously very well built.

3. When I read about these old quarter mile warriors I often wonder what became of them,thousands of them were built back in the day and vanished without a trace.

Every now and then something resurfaces like The Moonlighter but it was still in the possession of Gene Cromer.

I honestly think some were destroyed while others were returned to the streets as hot rods.

It would be cool to see this old Thames brought back to the strip. HRP

catdad49 likes this.
  4. elgringo71

elgringo71

Here are a few more pictures of it. PearceTrucking1.jpg PearceTrucking2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    catdad49, J.Ukrop and Nick32vic like this.

5. EarlyFordV8

EarlyFordV8
    from Dallas

That is one of the coolest little bitches i've ever seen ...I love the anglias etc.

6. flamingokid

flamingokid

I really like this Anglia....everything is just right about it.

7. Pretty cool little van.
    Every time I see one of these little English cars hot rodded it reminds me of one we had in for some work where I did my apprenticeship. When the owner dropped it off he warned the bloke that did the work to be very careful when he road tested it because it liked to "change ends". It had a pretty hot little small block ford mill with twin four barrels on a tunnel ram poking through the bonnet (yes it's and English car so I can call it a bonnet:p) and the rear tyres were so wide that they almost touched in the middle. Anyway when this older bloke had finished the work and went to take it for a drive I stood at the end of the driveway and watched him exit the onto the highway and do a 360 degree pirouette and come to a screeching stop in the turning lane on the other side of the road..... luckily there weren't any other cars around on what is usually a fairly busy road and the owner wasn't around to see it (also no damage done).

On the subject of art teachers. I quit my classes after one term because I got sick of being told "pictures of cars aren't art". Get stuffed! If you're such and art expert why are you teaching a high school art class (those who can't do, teach;)), I always did have a little bit of a problem with authority...

catdad49, J.Ukrop and hipster like this.
  8. catdad49

catdad49

Both topics of this little piece are near and dear to my heart. Keep 'em coming, Joey.

J.Ukrop likes this.
  9. DOugG

DOugG
    from mich

Thanks for posting the article. I've seen pics of it befor but never knew it was painted metalflake. Luv them Thames. I have a Thames thats been layin in waiting for sum 30yrs.

10. Super detailed ride.

11. Great old racer. Very clean and well built!

12. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I liked that article. Old jewels like that gasser do still exist, just not enough of them.

13. Joey, do you still have your old art work? It would be cool to see it in a write up!

14. Speedracer90278

Speedracer90278

My dad's car and I have hunted for it. Last known sighting was in a barn near Chattanooga, TN maybe painted orange.