Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What do you guys think? Interactive hot rod event map. Beta test.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hitchhiker, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  2. Keeping this information in my archives.

3. sodakmini

sodakmini

I've got a new up and coming event In S. Dakota. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1421945386.385048.jpg

4. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Grand National Roadster Show Pomona, I think it is this weekend
    Pasadena Roadster Club Reliability Run
    LA Roadsters Father's Day Show and Swap Meet
    Primer Nats in Ventura
    West Coast Kustoms Santa Maria
    HOP UP Reliability, (In the future??)
    And maybe a few more

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - Thanks for all of the work to do this

6. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  7. That's a good question. Honestly, I'm not sure. but I have to draw the line somewhere. I kinda just want traditional hot rod "bucket list" type of shows. Like I said I don't want to go to a show and look at new corvettes and mustangs that don't get driven. I also can't spend the time to list every small local show that could pop up, even though sometimes those are the coolest. That's why I originaly said large traditional hot rods....I'm sure I'm going to piss some people off by excluding some. I do not mean it as personal or to say it's not cool or to exclude people. Just since this will be a Hamb resource, in my mind it should only cater to hamb style events. Does that make sense?

Hmmm. will look into that. I could probably do it in "layers" so you can look at one, the other, or both. Also the only reason I haven't included a lot of dates is they change from year to year and I would have to manually update them. I've tried to include "3rd weekend of" type info where possible.

good list thanks. You get what I am going for!

Thanks everyone. I will keep you all updated.

8. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

For Rocky (Toymaker):

Billetproof Drags May 15
    Fresno Dragways Reunion May 16
    Dos Palos Lions Drags May 17

All at Eagle Field,Dos Palos west of Fresno CA

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Hitchhiker likes this.
  9. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

Early Tin Dusters Fall Color Run in Quincy IL Usually 800+ cars '48 and older. Event is 40 years old.

Hitchhiker likes this.
  10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

A VERY good idea… I love it.It is great you can keep it bookmarked and on a Mac I can correspond it with iCal for reminders too…. Brilliant!
    You have our FB page up. but there is the link to our site….
    http://www.jalopyjamup.com

Hitchhiker likes this.
  11. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

[​IMG]

Add this as part of the Syracuse Nationals July 17-19 2015.

VR&C.

12. This is definitely a good idea. I did one of these last year for the ratrodbikes.com Build Off Nine using zeemaps.com. Users can add there own markers so the administrator doesn't have to do all the adding. Here is the BONINE Builders map I did…

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=984254

You can see by clicking a marker that some people have added info and some have not. You can add as much as you want, even photos and other media I think.

I reckon your event map idea is brilliant use of this online tool.

Cheers,

Glen.

13. GTS225

GTS225

Makes perfect sense. There's gotta be a limit somewhere, or all your free time will get wrapped up in this map. You've just set that limit, and it should keep all of us from listing the little events.
    and THANK YOU for the work on it.

Roger

14. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Hey man thanks for adding The Jalopy Jam Up! I have posted your map to our Facebook page and written a quick blurb about the map. Check it out.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-...od-and-Custom-Car-Show/245140682301416?ref=hl

Here is what I wrote.
    One thing that everyone loves is a Hot Rod or Custom Car Event! Local meets are great but some of our favourites are attached to road trips where we actually have to drive a distance to the show! In the end the you get the best of both worlds; a Road Trip and Custom Car Event in one!
    A guy on the HAMB that goes by the name of Hitchhiker has created a google map that shows all of the Pre-64 Traditionally Styled Hot Rod and Custom Car events around North America! Check it out! Maybe it will inspire you to plan a road trip in your Hot Rod or Custom! Great idea Hitchhiker thanks for the mention!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=zm4BEo-LzFVw.keKM0boO_GPA

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    Hitchhiker likes this.
  15. Can we close this thread for a minute?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.