Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Walking Parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackjack, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Thanks to The 37 Kid I'm sorted with a new headlamp stand - I just have to make sure that I don't loose the other one while I'm waiting for it to arrive!!

Here's a few pictures of the Modified;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I always blame "David" when I can't find things in the garage. David was the son of a high school friend and died about 10 years ago. He was the kind of guy that would move things around just to mess with your mind. He was a likable kid, a car guy and far more talented than I, that cancer took way to early. His folks know he is still around hiding things and moving things, and I guess he owes me too:)

3. cshades

cshades
    from wi

you guys think you have it bad. I own an auto repair shop in town that i also do hot rod repair in the attached building next door about 5000 sq ft. The 2 guys that work in the reg shop are always wandering off with something that i need and not bringing it back. Then at home i have a 1800 sq ft shop with a 1440 sq ft storage area attached. The gf has a horse barn next door and seems to think the shop is part of the horse deal so things are either walking off or things that have nothing to do with cars are all of a sudden sitting in the middle of shop floor "warming up" or whatever. Then she also has a 18 yo son that i am helping to build a 47 chev truck for and when he is done i can never find whatever tools he was using because they can't seem to find their way back to the proper space in the box. Then i also have a storage building in town that my brother likes to help fill with his own junk while my junk seems to be getting lost.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanksgiving1115_zps5c7a7db0.jpg Nice Modified Blackjack, your bracket is on its way later today. Bob

fourspeedwagon, Texas57 and 270dodge like this.
  5. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

its the blue guys.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  6. All explained at 10:40 however if you jump to 10:40 you'll not understand :)

7. Are you guys sure there isn't beer involved when this stuff happens. :D:pBlackjack good looking rod I like your style.

8. 5window

5window

Too many spaces, too many relatives. You need simplification. Lock the storage building an ddon't give your brother the key, get the 18 yr old into the service or away to school, make your employees buy their own tools. And, horses? really?

9. I bet that stand is in a peat bog :D

10. I usually put my stuff in a "safe" place. The bad thing about that is I have hundreds of safe places...where to start???...which 1 was it???

11. My problem is having 2 rollaway boxes and a separate machine shop all in close proximity. So there's no shortage of places to lose something. I do try to keep the tool sets separate. Lately I've been keeping 2 boxes with parts I've taken off my Ford that are going back on and a box for new hardware, sorted by thread size.

12. cshades

cshades
    from wi

Yes horses,really. Horse people are as strong about their hobby as we are about ours. What am i going to do, tell her to get rid of them? The 18 y/o is in school and if he doesnt have access to tools how is he going to get the truck done and out of my shop? The employees do have their own tools but do you ever have everything you need? I wonder, do you have a G/F, wife, brothers or kids? If you don't share the hobby with people we are going to run out of people in the hobby. When I was growing up my biggest dream at the time was to build my 39 chevy truck that i still own today, but i had nowhere to do it much less anyone to help with it or the tools to do it with. I believe in passing down what i learned and also sharing what i have been fortunate enough to accuire. Does it irratate me when things disappear? Yes but it also isn't the end of the world.

slammed, vtx1800 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  13. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Did you try scosthropping? I find that it often works, but I cannot imagine how one would scosthrop for a headlight stand.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  14. I'm very good at putting a particular piece out of way where it won't get broke/lost.... only to effectively hide it from myself when I do end up needing it.

15. it works for breasts.

Ned Ludd likes this.
  16. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Only if you know their owner rather intimately already :)

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  17. That's some funny shit when you see a guy do that while hunting a pallet jack.

I kinda do something similar to the Macarena before I leave.
    While checking to make sure I have everything
    Roll cuffs Smokes lighter keys wallet glasses phone cash.
    Right arm left arm chest pocket front pocket left hip right hip forehead other front pocket

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  18. Hey Bob, the new stand arrived today. The original should turn up over the weekend!!

tb33anda3rd likes this.