Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Can you take a '36 Ford measurement for me??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flamedabone, Jan 11, 2015.

1. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm trying to figure out how far back I need to stuff this Olds engine, but I'm not super sure how far the radiator leans back. Can one of you sweeties measure the length of your radiator support rods from the firewall bracket to the radiator bracket? Like this:

[​IMG]

I think it might have to be '36 not '35... My buddy measured his '35 and I'm waaaaaay off from him.

Thanks, -Abone.

2. Not to hijack your thread; but did your buddy's '35 measure, sounds like an interesting number to know.

3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My buddy's '35 was 31.5, not even close to what I have going on....

-Abone.

4. lbrunkala

lbrunkala

I just measured my '36 roadster, and I come up with 28.5" bracket to bracket. I have a stock radiator and firewall. I hope this helps.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn I thought your hands would look more masculine!!!! Looks like its coming right along hope everthing else is good as well.....

Lumpy

6. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is exactly what I needed. Cold beer is on me if you ever get down my way.

Thanks, -Abone.

PS. Lumpy, don't look at my peeling fingernail polish...
    All well here, say hey to everybody.

7. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ford introduced a 2nd style radiator in mid-'36, which had greater cooling capacity and necessitated longer radiator support rods. The radiator that the OP posted is the first style.

There were also two different firewall radiator support rod brackets used, requiring different attachment for the rods.