Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Experience at Bubbas ( reply from Bubba)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GMC BUBBA, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4psi

4psi

This is the era of buyer/seller feedback.

Protect your name at all cost. The few dollars it cost to return ship those junk parts back to the owner are not worth having thousands of people see your name run through the mud.

Take the loss on the shipping this time. In the future charge a small inspection fee for every part you receive that has the potential to be useless. The small fee should only be enough to cover the cost of shipping the parts back if you can't do anything with them.

-Charlie

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Question.....who would have paid shipping if the parts in question had been useable, reconditioned and sent back to the customer?.

If the customer would have paid to ship his "good" parts back, and I expect he would have, why is the vendor expected to pay shipping to return unusable parts?

If the failure of this vendor is limited to not having shipped the parts in a timely manner, fine.......but I fail to see that he had a responsibility to pay for the shipping. Maybe, at this juncture, that's what it takes to 'make up for' delayed shipping, but that's the only reason I can see to do so.

Ray

Fortress, JohnEvans, barett and 2 others like this.
  3. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Ray, You are asking the wrong Question. The Parts did NOT belong to the Vendor, they belong to the CUSTOMER. Junk or not, Perfect or not, they should have been dealt with when the Vendor told the Customer that he would take care of the problem. If any of my Customers had a similar problem with me, I would not only be Mortified, but would do Whatever it took to make it right, and I WOULD DO IT IMMEDIATELY, AS MY WORD WAS GIVEN TO MAKE IT SO!

prewarcars4me likes this.
  4. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Texas Webb says to much'positive'feedback,well I don't need you on the 'jury' and can you please explain'so small'because this comment is offensive,we are a small country,but boy,we look after our own!

5. bundybiker

bundybiker
    from australia

Hi HRP, no bad mouthing going on here between me and Jim , and I would appreciate you getting your facts right regarding me and jim , take care Pete

6. uncle buck

uncle buck

My question is why would the shipping expense be the vendors responsibility? Anytime I have had a service or quote performed the shipping cost was always my responsibilty. Sometimes it may be included in the cost of the service , but I still pay - its just not itemized. Shipping isn't free , and get especially expensive when its international shipping. I don't know the details between Jim and Pete on shipping , thats between them , but bring this up because of all the other comments.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    tobyflh likes this.
  7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

First of all, nowhere in my post did I suggest anything questioning the ownership of the parts. We have no disagreement on that point.

Second, did you read the third paragraph of my post before replying? I agree that if the used parts were to be returned (as opposed to being scrapped at the owners request) the return should have occurred as soon as possible after that decision was made.

Third, you are 'talking' to a person, me, that was raised to believe a man's word is his bond. I won't bore you with examples of how I have lived up to that over the decades, but it is my way of doing things. I was in business for a long time and have an excellent reputation in my community.

Last, the only reason I weighed in on this pissing contest is that I got the impression, perhaps in error, that at the outset the responsibility for shipping costs was in dispute. My question was posed to clarify that issue.

Ray

8. Hi Jim & Pete,
    just as a complete tangent, I'm curious if rather than updating those units, I'm led to understand one can either use, or easily adapt an electronic unit from a slant 6, would this be a viable option? will be looking at this topic shortly as a friend has one of these old flat 6's in his pick-up.
    As for the service/communication topic....I trust between the two of you can sort out the differences, as I've previously had great service from Jim and his team, and being from Oz I can appreciate the commitment it takes to entrust someone on the other side of the world.
    Cheers,
    Drewfus

9. carmuts

carmuts

It has been hard, but interesting to see how this has played out on the HAMB. Welcome to the new age of customer relations. Jim will still get my business in the future.

That being said, I was considering airing out some other customer relations with another vendor that contacted me on Fordbarn in Nov of 2013 saying he had the parts I need. Been waiting patiently and contacting him from time to time to see if he has dug out the parts. Still waiting on him for price and somewhat of a list. Atleast no money has changed hands, but project is stalled out until we can strike a deal. I wont name the Alliance Member, but am very disapointed and growing impatient. I also heard from one other Alliance Member saying he also had the parts I am looking for, but dead silence for over a month on that deal also. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to light a fire under their ass other than making it all sloppy in public like this and risk pissing them off? Rod

10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Holy crap. This is why we all love Larry....

31Vicky with a hemi and 3wLarry like this.
  11. bundybiker

bundybiker
    from australia

Hi , thanks I am sure Bubba will to return them , and if the cost of freight is / was the issue , not that its anyone
    Uncle Buck , Larry etc regards the shipping , this is what I done yesterday , if Jim needs more he can contact me ,
    Amount you have sent: $50.00 USD
    Currency conversion: $63.88 AUD = $50.00 USD
    Exchange rate: 1 AUD = 0.782753 USD
    Sent on: 7 January 2015
    Subject line of your payment email: pete / bundybiker dissy to oz
    Your message to the recipient: g,day Jim , here is $50 US towards the freight for the dissys , if you need more , or if you don't want it , donate it to the salvation army or a cancer charity , take care Pete ( bundybiker )
    Sincerely,
    PayPal

JohnEvans likes this.
  12. Guess your attitude changed in the last few days.

Excuse me,but you thread that has a long history and with your words it doesn't sound like you are praising Jim or his company.

No skin of my nose,Jim repaired a distributor for my flatty more than 7 years ago and I never had a problem with him. HRP

13. frank spittle

frank spittle

To me it is a simple remedy. Charge a return shipping fee up front. The part needs to be returned repaired or not.

14. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It sounds like Jim and Pete are on the same page, and now with Pete's post above, the whole topic regarding who is paying for shipping has also been resolved.

People are messy, it is as simple as that. Everybody needs to stand down and get back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Toodles,

Thor

15. And why would he it has taken him 8 months of publicly asking for a resolution to finally get one. Would you praise a company that did that to you?

5window likes this.
  16. wearymicrobe

wearymicrobe
    from San Diego

Seriously this. Bubba is good people.

I have gone as far as taking one of your units out of my Flathead to give to a friend to show him how much better it was. He ordered on the next day. I must have sent 15 people your way with orders and not a single one of them has not been satisfied or told me anything negative.

17. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All I want is my distributor done after 9 months or something from Bubba telling me what is going on.

5window likes this.
  18. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

yours is being done as well

19. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Boxed up ready to ship , will leave tomorrow!!! Even included a bottle of Bubbas sauce!!!!

BTW, Pete sent me $ 50 paypal for cost of shipping , i will donate to local charity in Petes name etc.
    This time shipping is on me......[​IMG]

[​IMG]

slammed, beachbum jim and wex65 like this.
  20. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

.....thank you for coming and have a safe trip home! taf.gif

loudbang and wandi harry like this.
  21. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Wow, reality TV on the Hamb - LOL.
    But if anyone wants to know what kind of guy Jim is - go to the Newport Hill Climb this fall and ask anyone there!!

22. 5window

5window

Yep, at this point, Jim and Pete seem to be on the same page, hopefully soon tubman will get his parts and be off that page while the rest of us have formed an opinion one way or the other about who should have done what. If it weren't so damn cold outside, and the cats weren't so comfortable on my lap, I'd have already left to go outside. Shut 'er down.

23. Good. I'm glad it's resolved. I know some people like drama but I don't think most of us do, especially when it involves good folks. So, don't forget to tip your bartenders and waitresses, be careful on the way home and remember to practice safe sex...pad the headboard!

harpo1313 and Hnstray like this.
  24. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

This is directed to Bubba Jim, I am a little confused, are you "specializing" in one aspect of the dizzy/ing. part of the hot rod hobby or are you now or soon will be back to full on operation? I have a couple Grant Spalding FlameThrowers to convert. Yes I to have called several times to only to get a busy signal no answer mach, etc., PM me when the smoke clears.......................

25. 5window

5window

Maybe it's just me, but could this be a hint? If you can't get through, and judging by the experience described as well as the poster waiting for his Mallory, maybe you'd better move on. No matter how good the work was in the past, things seem, sadly, unreliable now.

26. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Jim (BUBBA) is a very busy man and has answered questions for me and owed me nothing and charged me nothing. I have not even been a paying customer yet but damn sure will be !

loudbang, fauj and Saxman like this.
  27. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Will this get closed now?

Hotrodmyk and chevy57dude like this.
  28. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Is your name "bubba Jim", enough said.........................
    It's kinda like the TV, turn the channel if you don't like it..........................

29. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Yep still in business, and our new model is ignition/ignition specializing in early ford flatheads , however we still do anything that makes spark !! Grants no problem however those take time , behind about four units right now...

30. bundybiker

bundybiker
    from australia

Hopefully not just yet , as i want to publicly give jim a internet handshake when they turn up , Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.