Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT, any golfer hotroders?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MattStrube, Jan 25, 2006.

1. AaronP

AaronP
    from Hooker, OK

You bet. I'll pull up to the course in my 59' with a motocross bike in the back and kick ass. The older guys just shake there heads. I am a 2 handicap and I look like Rob out there playing in dickies (minus the sleeves), but in this small town I can't get anymore straight up bets. :D

2. Ours were known as "JARTS" until my brother and I would sharpen the points and launch them into the sides of the garage...!:D

We launched them with a "WINGER" (3 person slingshot) into a wooden door and the damn thing went "Clean through" the sucker...!!!:eek:

3. Von Franco

Von Franco

My son got me into golf a couple of years ago when he would come to visit I never played cuz im left handed well my nabors dad pased away and he had some left handed clubs well found out they were like 1970s Ben Hogan woods whot did i know well I found out at the driving range when all thoes pro types were laffin at me and i think it might have had to do what i was waring cuz you know when you golf you gotta look cool man so my threads are a 1960s stingie brim hat shades some funky shirt and my converse and a cigar for me its fun especially when im mad or in a rutt i go and hit some balls cuz hittin people ain`t cool
    anymore lol...........................................

Endsville fourrrrrrrrrrr what you mean i only did three........

4. one37tudor

one37tudor

I golf when ever I can. Was golfing two or three times a week then I got into building several new cars and now I find that I would rather be in the garage than on a course, although Austin has a lot of really good golf courses. I have tried nearly all of them and Riverplace is still my personal choice when I can find some way to get on it now that I am not a member anywhere?

Scott...

5. lownrusty

lownrusty

Golf? heah I got clubs I think there out in my storage container but I got my putter in the garage for propping up hoods swattin mice oh and geting stuff out of the back of my truck i cant reach, back to hot rods!!:D

6. Von Franco

Von Franco

Oh buy the way i bring my hot rod to the driving range or golf course it`s fun watchin thoes guys guessing what kind of car it is but your right back to HOT RODS.....

Endsville who`s ball was that .... it hit my car lol.........

7. The salesmen play golf...

Was there a backyard in Detroit between 1968 and 1978 that didn't have two plastic yellow rings? Our next door neighbor always wanted to play, usually right after he took a can full of empty Stroh's bottles to the curb.

AND we drank out of the hose!

I think we're lucky to be alive.

8. oldkid

oldkid
    from smyrna tn

i gots me some of them snake bashin sticks.
    you call it golfin?...we call it " awwwshitwherethehelldidTHATonego?"

i shoot in the high 70's- low 80's.... but i'll play if it's warmer than that.

it's a great time as long as you go with guys that are as bad as you.

like everything else it's fun as long as you don't take it too seriously.

watchin the tightass pricks that are serious get all pissed off is hilarious.

a guy hits his shot into a DEEP ravine.
    he tells his buddy he's goin in there with a 9 iron.
    his buddy says aww man that's too deep. drop a ball & let's go.
    the guy say nope. i'm goin in. i can make it out of there easy.
    when he gets there he finds a skeleton standin up holdin a 9 iron.
    his buddy asks HOWS IT LOOK DOWN THERE?
    the fellow hollers back I DON"T THINK A 9 IRON IS GONNA DO IT!!!

9. Deuce Rails

Deuce Rails

I don't own golf clubs, so I spend all of my time at the 19th hole.

10. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

My wife gave up golfing and got into sex.... The balls are ligbter and you dont have to change your shoes

11. John Copeland

John Copeland
    Member Emeritus

I love playing, my kids got me involved and I'm addicted! I buy more drivers then hot rod parts.......................I still am a hacker but I love the game.

12. MattStrube

MattStrube

buzzard, I might take you up on that offer. I'll definately get out there and play a round with you. Just name the time and place. The weather is going to be bad this weekend, but maybe the following one.

13. dixiedog

dixiedog

Does "Golden Tee" count??

Growing up in Southwest Florida my parents played a couple times a week, so as a kid I got drug along, I knew more "USGA rules of golf" at the age of 8 than most people could think of. Dad was addicted and was a 6 handicap, mom was a 12 and played some Pro-Ams.

Around here, it costs too much, although I would love to play the TPC at Sawgrass or the King & Bear. For a round of golf I could fill up my truck.

But, when dad dropped dead when I was 14 on the 13th hole fairway trap at Bent Tree in Sarasota from a stroke I really lost interest and have only played a few times since. At least he went out doing what he loved.

14. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

can i get in? last time i was at a driving range, i was at the far left side of a 100 person wide range...i hit the ball out and nailed the guy all the way over on the far right side!!!:eek: :D :eek:

15. I live on a golf course, right off the 10th tee box. We have been lucky and have gotten to play quite a bit this winter, helps to have a cover and heater in the ole cart though. I probably play about 80-90 rounds a year, shoot low to mid 80's. Maybe that's why I don't get anything done around the house! My mom lives in Gulf Shores, AL, and when I go down this summer I will play Kiva Dunes, top 10 course in AL, it's awesome looking.
    Farmall

PS Anybody have a left handed 454 Big Bertha they'd like to get rid of??

16. 5window

5window

Someday,some dude or woman's gonna shoot 18 and every golfer in the world will go home for good. I admire the skill, I don't like the restrictive nature of the sport or the landscapes limited only to members. And if it's just for fun,why keep score?

17. RF

RF

Who'd be the "fag" with a Big Bertha shoved up their ass? I wouldn't even need my clubs nearby to appropriately respond that stupid comment youngster.

18. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

Nope. Started and quit the same year 40 some years ago. Could never find the damn ball.

19. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

i have a hole in my yard. when its warm out i go out and hit sometimes...i never played "real" golf though

we do have some golfcarts. but they're not for golfing :D
    zach

Attached Files:

20. RenoRat

RenoRat
    from Oxnard,Ca

Damn its hard to hit the ball through the windmill!!

21. HRH

HRH

Man I would love to see you try to jam in a bag of clubs into that little assed roadster:D

22. MattStrube

MattStrube

They can ride shotgun with the dog :)

23. MattStrube

MattStrube

here she is

Attached Files:

• dog.jpg
      dog.jpg
      File size:
      82.9 KB
      Views:
  24. millerkustoms

millerkustoms

I like to golf as much as I can, it isn't that often though. Actually most of my car buddies golf as well. None of us are any good, but it's fun to get away, and drink a little.

- Jeremy

25. BigChief

BigChief

I swing the clubs a few times a year....would do it more if my damn HotRod hobby didn't take up so much time.

-Bigchief.

26. DKcoupe

DKcoupe

I play once in a while and usually haul my clubs there in my 47 Chevy coupe although they won't let me use it as a golf cart. Last year we came off a course one day and there was a 47 four door stocker parked in the lot near my coupe. Strange to see.

27. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Actually, the last thing I need is yet another hobby that takes me away from the Mrs. That's how I lost the original Mrs. :D Well not the only reason, but the outcome was positive either way! :D

28. millerkustoms

millerkustoms

Oh... and keeping a baseball bat tucked into the golf bag can make the game a little more interesting. Only if your quick though, the regulars usually don't look kindly upon the practice.

- Jeremy

29. KIRK!

KIRK!

I do!

My dad is a 0 handicapper and even taught at one point. He got me started when I was like 10 or 11. In highschool I worked at a country club in Orange County. Then I didn't play for like 15 years.

Now I play a few times a year and go to the range a few more. I really like it, I just don't know anyone else who plays and is at my (low) level.

30. Started taking lessons at age 8. I'll always be grateful to my father for getting me started.

When I left the USAF in 1999, I went to work at a golf course. Passed the PGA playing ability test (the PAT is a prerequisite to becoming a club pro) in 2000, but left the job when my wife had to go through chemo. I was scheduled to go back after her treatment, but got sidelined by my own cancer.

We are both 100% OK now, but I lost the desire to work in the golf industry. It had been a lifelong dream, but the reality of the long hours stuck in the pro shop pretty much shattered that dream. I never got to play when I worked at the course. I was always repairing clubs, taking inventory, etc. It is much more fun not having a job at all.

I don't play much anymore, but that is mainly due to the lack of good facilities close by. It is a great game, and I met many great people because of my involvement in it.

By the way, while living in the UK, I collected over 60 hickory shafted golf clubs, most of them from Scotland. The oldest one is from around 1880 and the newest one is from around 1927.