Register now to get rid of these ads!

Everybody's Doin' It - A 36 Short Story

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B1gDaddy, Oct 23, 2011.

1. B1gDaddy

B1gDaddy
    from aladambama

Caps are 37 lincoln zephyrs on wide 5s with flippers added on . They look extremely bitchin in person. I am a little nervous that I should have used distressed leather on the interior. Guess we'll see how it all settles out, maybe it will work out

2. brady1929

brady1929

Don't know how i missed this, but i love it!

3. Tatorboy

Tatorboy

IMG_2795.JPG In a moment of weakness B1g Daddy decided to part with one of his prized jewels. I hauled it away in the dark of night to Indianapolis.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  4. Tatorboy

Tatorboy

Getting used to her new home. 36 B&W.JPG

5. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

Tatorboy, The b&w picture speaks volumes in a Traditional Sense. How many 3-Windows were left parked in front of houses (like shown) at the beginning of WWII. Both the Car and the Home speak Heritage.......................... Jeff

6. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Man I love that car.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. F-head

F-head

what a great car,and man thats a cool house
    B

8. I heard from ElPolacko that you did some touch up to the original black lacquer using spray can..... Just wondering if you could tell me a bit more about that. I have some touch up I need to do on a similar paint job.

9. B1gDaddy

B1gDaddy
    from aladambama

Not spray can . I guess that could be done.

I prepped and sprayed spot repairs In black sherwin williams laquer. I guess the trick is to get a matched black tint in the paint. There are lots of black colored paint, lots and lots. Once you get the color matched, wet sand and feather in repair areas, prep and spray in the repairs. The laquer will "melt together" and then cure and wet sand and buff

Sounds like overkill Initially, but you may like the result better to wet sand prep the whole car and top coat your paint now so the paint will be a consistent color.

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Bodi, I have a can of Black lacquer under the kitchen counter that I have been meaning to ask you if you wanted. It's only a quart, but it's yours if you want.

11. Tatorboy

Tatorboy

Opex Nitrocellulose lacquer. This is now used as furniture lacquer but has UV protection, and is ok for exterior use. If the auto store doesn't stock it go to the home paint store. That is where I got it in a factory packed black.. I repainted the fender skirts on the car and they match well, as do the repairs by Big Daddy. Hibernia Auto Restorations in Hibernia N.J. also sell Nitrocellulose, and claim to have original paint formulations back to the 20's. They have a web sight.

Bam.inc likes this.
  12. Glad I checked with you guys. Thanks for the information.

13. missysdad1

missysdad1

Didja ever figure out that "Kisam" is a girl, Oldfart? Yup, and a well-qualified hot rod girl as well, having brought back her own '32 3-window project from the very-damn-near dead. Do a search for Kathy Isam and her Deuce, "Tuffy". Another amazing H.A.M.B. story!

Here's the link you need: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/my-survivor-story-32-3-window-the-build-begins.397461/

Kathy's one of my personal hero's...and she's a Texan to boot!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  14. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

I don't know how I missed this....but I've just wet myself....that car is exceptional

15. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D:eek: I think that I just slobbered my key board into oblivian.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo