Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 El Camino.. Part Two

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Fishbeck, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Thanks Nads.

2. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Jay, you better bring a pick up tomorrow for Breakfast. I had more 3 Speed stuff than I thought. Can you fit 2 gear boxes into your Elco? :)

3. I wish I could drive 59 out there. I still have the 3speed manual, from my Elco. The only reason I'm going to run this set up, is I know everything was working together. So no.. I don't have room for more 3 speeds. Lol

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I said "Stuff" not an extra trans :p ;)

5. SoCal52Deluxe

SoCal52Deluxe

Always loved the old El Caminos, such cool lines. Looking good!

6. 59 & 60's are amazing body styles. I think the 4dr sedan, is about the only model in those two years, that I wouldn't want to own.

7. Ha! I read it too quickly.

8. JimInrADFORDva

JimInrADFORDva

Hey, I read it as gearboxes and immediately thought, "Heck, he can plop 2 trannys into the back of an Elco with no problem." Now, two boxes of assorted gear?... Depends on the size of the boxes, doesn't it?

Regardless, I enjoy reading this post. Please keep it up.

9. He kept thinking I'm running a three speed, in the 59. But actually I'm running the 700r4. The 3spd is for my 30 rdstr landspeed racer, I've been collecting parts for.

Thanks, appreciate the good words

10. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Hey!, what you want?, I'm Fuck'n "Old" since 50 passed sum few years back. What was it?, Sunday?, I was minding my own business at the counter then next thing I know it's all over :eek: :eek: :D

11. Hahaha.. Yeah, I know what you mean. I forget my point to my stories, all the time. But give me minute to get past my SENIOR moment, an I'm hell on wheels. It was good seeing you, and thanks for the shifter works. Thanks for linkage arms ideas, also. An yeah, I can ruin someone's day with my presence, just like that!!

12. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Ya!, a few year's back on PCH @ Sunset Beach :p :) :cool:

13. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^You Know what? Isn't it something like that, that got us The Doors? :confused:

14. That's hilarious, when I think back on that. Down hill ever sense. Ha

15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Ya. It went something like this. I'm walking South and your walking North when suddenly this guy I don't even know SAY'S, "Hey aren't you Johnny Gee?" :eek: Run I thought, this guy seen my picture @ the Post Office :mad: :D

16. Funny looking back on that. Awkward at the moment.

17. loudbang

loudbang

So what's haven't seem anything from you in quiet awhile hope you are just busy and aren't having problems

18. I'm not a fan of the new HAMB. Going racing this weekend at ElMirage.

Attached Files:

19. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

i'm having a little trouble getting fully on board too, so in the end up spending less time here and hopefully more time on other things (like actually working on cars?)

20. [​IMG]

A couple days ago, I repaired and polished this 52 Dodge 2dr wagon fender molding. It was smashed and had five tears that needed to be welded, an it had been worked on before. A lot of places won't take on a piece that's already been previously repaired. I was stoked when it was finished. I didn't take a 'before' pic, which I should have. But it was more about working. Lol

loudbang likes this.
  21. If it looked anything like the bench it is sitting on......you did a damned good job sir. Stainless repair is not an easy do.....and that piece looks marvelous from that light refracting angle for sure !! Good luck, and have fun at Mirage ! You do damned good work.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  22. Thanks. It can be time consuming, and labor can quickly outweigh the value of the molding. I enjoy it, though.

The benches are a lot older than I am. Originally they were used to stand on, for access to the roof of the cars, for sanding and painting.

23. Olson

Olson

Personally, I'm really glad to see this one pop back up. I hope you give it a chance and see that the changes are not that hard to get used to if you just let yourself adjust to it.

Anyway, I always appreciate your "I totally got this" attitude and that you see something that needs done, you just tackle it...no matter whether you're old hat at it now or the first time you've ever considered doing it. Sometimes I need to see that, and at the very least it's usually either entertaining or informative if not both. That, and being able to draw frequent parallels with the father/son thing, it's just often something that I can relate to really well. Besides, who doesn't like watching a '59 Elkie thread? So, yep, I hope you give it another chance. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks the same.

Killer job on that trim, by the way. I've started playing around with removing dings again, and it's kind of like a meditation of sorts. No doubt highly inefficient work, but comes with its own rewards. I know if I keep at it I'll get where you can't tell they've been worked over...practice practice practice...just not there yet!

loudbang and BONNEVILLE BOB 95 like this.
  24. I am a pretty fart smeller, but I use the new change as an excuse to not be on here. I use the app tap a talk on my phone which simplifies things.

Everybody has plans (which I call BS unless you're actually doing it) But I plan to repaint the truckster, a little lighter cream, with mother of pearl.

The couches I've built have greatly improved my skills, all the while getting paid for it. I can't complain, but I do! Lol

I know what I like, an my customers have never complained about the reflection on the panels. I want to get more experience with my sewing, then I'll tackle the Elkie. I just replaced some worn out parts on the pfaff machine, so the struggle, should be a little less. Cos it was fighting me before, an I still got the jobs done.

Here's a something I've been making from nothing. . That's never been done before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Just when ya think it's all been thought of... Awesome!

J.Fishbeck likes this.
  26. [​IMG]

Today was military day.. nothing but hurry up and wait

BONNEVILLE BOB 95 likes this.
  27. Great practice, for doing my 59's interior. Nothing's finished, it's jUst layed on there, and the bottom is just tucked in.

[​IMG]

28. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Add me to the list of people who aren't a fan of the new H.A.M.B.

29. I'm not an Apple user. This site seems to be similar in lay out.

30. hemifarris

hemifarris

I'm not a fan of the new site either. I guess I'm too far behind this format, being 69 years of age. I hope all is well with you Jay.........................Take care, Mike