Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Shop work on Christmas? Why not?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tommyd, Dec 25, 2014.

1. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

untitled.png Kids are gone, grandkids are gone. Gotta do something besides watch Dr. Phil or Ellen! Finished up my sons P/G trans.

tb33anda3rd, fauj and blue57ford like this.
  2. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

You lucky dog! No way I can go to the shop today. Honey time all day. But I do get 40 hours a week out there all the rest of the time, so I can't complain. Have fun,

3. inthweedz

inthweedz

I totally agree with you..
    Get out in the man cave and enjoy yourself, instead of watching the rubbish they put on as "entertainment"..
    Merry Christmas..

4. carmuts

carmuts

Worked in the shop yesterday until near supper time. No time for the shop today as we are not at home. Back to the shop bright and early tomorrow making some of the wood for the delivery after I finish replacing head gaskets in my wifes car. Rod

5. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

I got a little time in the shop today. Finished installing the seatbelts in the wifes 38 chevy , now its off to the inlaws for supper.

6. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

I WISH i was in the garage instead of at the USPS working on Christmas day.22 years in and s Till have to work on Christmas.

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I thought I was one of the only holdouts left that loved aluminum powerglides

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

If I was home Id get out in the shop a little but Iam here at my real job making sure everyone has water flowing yesterday and today.But if it wasn't for this job there would be no home shop or this,this...and this.Hope everyone got some parts and tools.If you slip out to the shop take one of those youngins out with you and teach em something!!

9. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just a random Thursday off, for me and the wife.

10. 2935ford

2935ford

Did a little re assembly work on my '32 dropped axle today.

11. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Well there is the Starsky and Hutch marathon..
    I took my wife out in the hot rod. I meant to take a photo but she slammed the passenger door so hard getting in the speaker popped out of the door panel and I got mad and forgot.

12. SBCWelder

SBCWelder

I don't have any cool pictures to share, but I did manage to install my new RediRad. Hopefully the stock radio continues to work for a while. It will be nice to have tunes this coming season.
    Also started some seat repair on my daily; 6 months of a ratchet strap holding the seat down is long enough.

13. Spent the day with the family so the garage stayed dark all day. HRP

14. I usually start a project on christmas day, this year , 34 pick up

15. Nah....mama wants some of my time today.

16. deto

deto

I sat in my garage last night and stood where the seat would be on the bare chassis of my project and sighed...

The amount I spent on Christmas could have gone to a fabcraft olds rear end.

Oh well. I'm gonna try and get time in on the car tomorrow

17. ehdave

ehdave

I got to finally paint my welder trolley, not the prettiest thing but functional. With us having a quiet Christmas at home with just the wife and daughter there was no problems with having a play in the shed. IMG_20141225_185920757.jpg IMG_20141225_185937526.jpg IMG_20141221_165845900.jpg

18. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Looks good to me. I need to build a welding table about that same size. that way I can move any "hot work" to a safer area of the garage.

19. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

Spent some quality time with the family today. Kiddo's wanted to stay at grand parents for a few hours. I can't sit around watching TV that much so I came back home cleaned up the shop some and put the tools back where I they usually stay. I grew up having to share all the tools in a full service mechanic/machine shop with 2 others slightly older than me and one of them is a slob'o would leave the shop tools wherever he quit working last. That made me the organizer I am today. Nuthin like wasting time looking for something you know is there that can't be found.........that's just not my style. Just got done squeezing in a 4:00 matinee with the wife and have had a busy but great day! Hope you guys all have had one too!

20. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Worked on some bourbon, and painted some chairs.

21. ahshoe

ahshoe

I did some welding today. Bracing actually for a roof transplant. Nice to have a day off I especially enjoy Holidays in the garage.Sort of a special gift to ME!

22. ehdave

ehdave

Thanks tommyd, this was built from a couple of old drawing desks and other scrap metal. The next project is a welding table built around an old drain grate, a little bigger than this though.

Attached Files:

23. '51 Norm

'51 Norm
    from colorado

I got to clean up all of the construction trash in my new shop getting ready for the final inspection tomorrow; two years of building and now I will finally have a shop! I am stoked.

24. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Had to drive the 32 today to grand dads stopped for gas and got some guy in trouble he ask if my wife liked cars in front of his wife . I told him no that's why I just have a girl friend she didn't think it was funny ! Went to the shop for a minute to see what parts I need for the weekend

25. OzyRodder

OzyRodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Spar finished my seat wood and floorboards. Even had wife helping!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1419569968.965226.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!