Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Upholsterer in Bakersfield CA?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 92GTA, Oct 27, 2014.

1. 92GTA

92GTA

I am having the hardest time finding a reputable upholsterer in Bakersfield.

Is there anyone who can give me a personal reference who of course has personally had work done by said upholsterer?

Of the 2 that had been recommended to me, 1 passed away and the other won't call me back or answer their phone :/ Doing a Google search turned up several but half don't have any online reviews and the others seem to have 50% great and 50% terrible reviews.

I'm looking for like an old timer who works out of his garage (perhaps is retired and does only a few small jobs a year to stay busy) who will take his time and not rush, delivery quality and exactly what I ask for (I need foam replaced and sculpted to a spec). Not a large business that will screw me on the $$$ and delivery me crap that a non-gear head might accept.

I have 2 front buckets and a solid rear that I have already bought new pre-made upholstery for but need the old leather removed, seat foam replaced as needed, and the new material installed so it's nice and tight with no slop and will last another 50yrs craftsmanship wise, I don't need sloppy hog rings coming loose. This car is my baby which I know you guys understand, and I've been waiting 14yrs to get to this point so it means allot that it's done properly, I'm in no hurry, I can wait a month or more even tho its an easy job. I'm not looking to get the rails restored, painted, etc. Just need the foam and upholstery done.

Thanks in advance!

Alex

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. roughneck424

roughneck424

Custom Landau on Union does real good work.
    And the guy in the old gas station building on south side of 24th just west of PepBoys does good too.

4. three7s

three7s
    from nomad

Mike Silas
    1207 Mckinley Ave
    Bakersfield, California 93308
    Phone (661) 399-8769
    , he works out of his garage but does great work at a good price, he does all our seats and I'll have him do my stude interior when the time comes

Tell him William Payne sent ya

5. 92GTA

92GTA

Thanks!!! I really appreciate the info and recommendation!

Alex