Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Econoline disc swap wheel studs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mohr hp, Dec 20, 2014.

1. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

I'm doing a disc swap on the '65 econoline front axle which is under my '39 Willys. I'm using the parts list from the D&D conversion site, which uses cherokee rotors on the stock econoline hubs. This requires longer wheel studs: the D&D list says Dorman 610-169 studs. So I bought some....and they are too small in diameter-old studs measure about .645" shank diameter, and the 610-169 is a loose fit at .625". Anyone got a good stud number for this swap?

2. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

3. 63Toaster

63Toaster

I used the D&D swap on my 63 van and I bought my studs from Autozone. I don't remember if I used any specific part number or I just asked for replacements for an Econoline. They fit tight in the hubs but the rotors just slip over them. They don't press together like the drums did. The only trouble I've had is that the shoulder sticks out past the rotor and makes it harder to mount my wheels.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

5. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

Thanks guys. That Dorman list shows a couple of options. It appears that the studs I removed from my hubs were oversized.