Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 54 Chevy Wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tinlid, Dec 19, 2014.

1. tinlid

tinlid

I am putting my 54 Chevy Wagon back on the street. If anyone else has one, could you please take a picture of the license plate mount that is just below the tailgate. Mine is missing and I would like to go with a stock one but have no idea of what I am looking for. There are 2 mounting holes just below the tailgate, one above the other. Any pictures and possibly measurements would be a great help.
    Thanks

2. this was in a yard a while back..........not sure if this helps.... 54 WAGON APACHIE (2).jpg

3. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Its a possibility they could be the same as a regular 55,56 etc passenger car from the way you describe it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  4. wayfarer

wayfarer

It looks just like the one posted for the 55-56 above.

5. Send Boones a conversation,he has built a couple of these wagons,I'm sure he can help. HRP

6. tinlid

tinlid

Thanks so much. I found one on a 50/51 Pontiac that looks like the one above. It looks like it might just clear the tailgate when it is lowered. It is a Guide L-19 and it seems to fit some Vettes, 55-6 Chevy and 49-50 Pontiac.

7. wayfarer

wayfarer

I have a '53 wagon. If mine didn't have a plate mounted on it, I'd check the part number, but it looks exactly like the one pictured above.