Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My idea of Hot Rot heaven, Friends collection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cowtown Speed Shop, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I wanted to post a few pics of a Friend of mines 35 year collection of Hot rod projects. Please Don't PM me and ask me to tell anyone where they are as He does not want to be bothered with a bunch of people bugging him about selling. I ask him if it was alright to post these pics on the internet for everyone to enjoy before doing this. Please don't make me regret it.... Anyhow this is just a small part of it, The good stuff is All inside. My cam died on me So I was unable to get Pics of the good stuff. Most of his collection is 32-34 fords And he has several of all models. I know there are a handful of guys on this site who also know this collection. Please Respect the owner and Not make any mention of him on this thread. For the record, this guy is not a dreamer or just someone who has collected a bunch of projects. He is a very talented metal craftsman and Builder Who builds cars Most everyday, Atleast 6 days a week. Just wanted to Note that Before idiots put their foot in their mouth and start bashing him for having all this stuff. f1749189.jpg f1753541.jpg f1758021.jpg f1762565.jpg f1767109.jpg f1771653.jpg f1776005.jpg f1780549.jpg f1784901.jpg f1789253.jpg f1793413.jpg f1797637.jpg f1801925.jpg f1806213.jpg f1810629.jpg f1814981.jpg f1819269.jpg f1823749.jpg f1828165.jpg f1832837.jpg f1837317.jpg f1841797.jpg f1846213.jpg

2. Thanks
    That is amazing!

3. carmuts

carmuts

Nice pic's, thanks for sharing. You can be gaurenteed I am one not one to bash him for hoarding stuff like that. Rod

4. alchemy

alchemy

I think I saw three 34 vickies. And a 32 cabriolet. Does he have any rare stuff? ;)

clem and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. shit. its all i can say

6. He won't live long enough to build half that stash!

7. Porsche body with headlight block offs....too. Looks like a savings account to me, with a slush fund for entertainment in hiding....your buddy is a great accountant as well..

8. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Note the bodys that are stacked on the noses, there is 3 rows of them and 2 in on the middle row is a 3 window. and there is 2 Vickys in that stack as well. He has about 40 more bodies stacked on there ends inside a building, I saw at least 1 34 roadster a couple of 32 3 windows, a few more 33-34 3 windows. This is by far the best vintage Tin collection I have ever seen in one place. When the weather gets better I plan to take pics of the rest of his collection and post them on this thread, In the 40 years I have lived I have been in some of the best old junk yards in the country, And this by far is the best one of them all. Again, If you Know this collection and have been there then you know how important it is that we respect the owners privacy and don't give out his info on this forum.

9. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

My unborn grandkids won't live long enough to build half of this stash.....LOL As I said this is not even the half of it, My camera died just as I got started taking pics. This is just some of the junk that is sitting outside.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  10. I don't know if I should feel good or bad!

11. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow! Thanks for sharing. like many that have a stash/collection-large or small-it is great that the cars have been saved from a crusher. but, it is such a shame to see them still just rust away when many would love to have just one to save/build.

barett and timwhit like this.
  13. Very cool, thanks.

14. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Also there is a couple of Cords and Dumbass high end Cars out there as well, I had not even thought about taking any pics of them, Didn't figure you guys would give a shit about them, I know I don't..

15. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I think I counted 4 34 vickys out in the yard, there is atleast 2 33 vickys in that stack and more in the barn. there is also a few of those 32 cabriolet bodys out there. Tons of bits and pieces for 32-34 models.

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

WOW! Thank you for the Vintage Tin Christmas present! When was the collection started? Please thank the owner for saving all that great stuff. Bob

17. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Over 35 years ago..Some people invested in stock, real estate and bonds, He invested in old cars.....I have Know idea what he is worth today, But with todays market prices....I think if he started selling he will be allright. He is a great guy and friend, And like me just don't care much about money, He would rather have old cars than a bunch of money, And I have always been the same way, Money brings me No happiness, But I love my old cars, Done or in the dreaming stages...LOL

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    caseywheels likes this.
  18. Pretty darn amazing.

19. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing them. Looks like he has a real hankering for'33-'34 of the 2 door variety .That un-cancered mid west tin sure looks nice. Could it be...Chandler? Looking forward to the rest of the story.

20. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Talk about a Field of Dreams...Thank you for sharing.

21. I forgot, which ones did you say were for sale.......:p? kidding.

I am afraid my place would look like that if I had had more room to store stuff 35 years ago.
    Very impressive collection. Reminds me of old photos of Easy Jack's salvage back in the 70s.

22. thhanks for posting this amazing collection; it's unbelievable even after looking at it.

23. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

banging...
    head...
    on...
    keyboard...

24. Jim636

Jim636
    from Wyandotte

Thanks for sharing .

25. Thanks for posting those pics...and, what a nice collection. I haven't seen the likes of that anywhere in the last 30 years or so. Vintage tin yards with that much nice stuff have been scarce for a long time. There was so much tin in regular old junk yards in the 50's until about the early 80's that most of us never gave a thought of it disappearing. The whole deal of aging and dieing off yard owners coupled with anti junk yard regulatory agencies pretty much forced the start of massive crushing activities. And here we are.

26. Markmonty

Markmonty
    from Gerorgia

That's an incredible collection!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

"He won't live long enough to build half that stash!"

This guy had the VISION to see the worth in what many people saw as "junk". If it wasn't for guys like this, these cars, bodies, parts would have been taken to the crusher long ago and there wouldn't be a chance to build ANYTHING seen here......... I applaud you!!

Hookedtrout likes this.
  28. AHotRod

AHotRod

Oh mercy ..........................

3wLarry likes this.