Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Giant speedster project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yonahrr, Apr 25, 2010.

1. F6 project

F6 project
    from Mexico

Enclosed some pics when we picked up the truck in laredo. Up to now we overhauled the gearbox and did some tuning and cleaning.

Attached Files:

2. F6 project

F6 project
    from Mexico

Hi ClayMart,

Te beast on my avatar pic is Brutus, the 46 l BMW engine with the ALF chassis. It stays in the Sinsheim museum in south Germany. These guys hold hundreds of classic cars and some awesome speedsters. If you go to Germany someday do not miss it...close to it Porsche, MB and Audi Center. Takes more than a weekend and lots of interesting history.

karsten
    Seagrave F6 1929

3. yonahrr

yonahrr

New Project
    Don and I drove down early and after a few hours of talking and hunting down boxes of parts and dragging things off high shelves we loaded up the new car. What is it? Haha! You have to guess. Can you tell? The chassis gives it away. The body is over at Don's. I raised some money by selling an old forklift I had for junk. 6600 lbs. I also bought a 1966 Humber Super Snipe! Anyone interested in it? It's a nice car with a big six. They are prestige cars in the UK. Comes with a very nice parts car that could be restored as well. Cheap!!! After that I went out and partied for my birthday!!

Jerry

Attached Files:

4. yonahrr

yonahrr

"Humber, old man. What an absolutely Super Snipe you have!"

Attached Files:

falcongeorge likes this.
  5. yonahrr

yonahrr

Karsten,
    (Hey Jerry, I need a pair of plates
    for my Seagrave too!!!
    Where did you get them? I am thinking to lower my steering wheel, any idea how difficult this is? Now arround 45 deg.)

I just swiveled the box down and drilled new holes in the chassis. I was going to move the pitman arm on the shaft but pulling it off proved difficult, and I couldn't risk damaging anything. I shortened the draglink to compensate for the difference in length. Measure the distance between the mounting holes for your ID plate on the inside of the firewall and let me know.

Jerry

6. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

MORGAN! Just needs a bit of woodwork and some bits and pieces and a couple of months of work to be a driver.:rolleyes:

7. yonahrr

yonahrr

Dang! 1958 Plus 4, 4 passenger to be exact. That's a new MorganFab frame and it has a new MorganFab wood body with sheet metal over at Don's, as well as MorganFab fiberglass fenders. Lot's of new other stuff too: pistons and cylinders, front end bushings, etc, etc. Don says it's a 2 year project but I'm going to fool him. I'll take 4-5 like the speedster. No, actually I'm shooting for a year.

Jerry

Ulu likes this.
  8. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

COOL! Somewhere in my future life I want to build an early style Moggy Trike replica/clone. I'm collecting bits and pieces for the build and once I get the HA/GR project up and running and a few other projects out of the way construction should begin. Hopefully before the blizzard in Hades starts.

9. yonahrr

yonahrr

Neil says he wants the Humber. A bit of home. We're going to pick it up on Tues.

Jerry

10. I am glad no one sawed off a limb of yours to count growth rings in an effort to get your accurate age on your birthday. .the dry rot , insect infestation and copious amount of sap would have rendered the effort useless...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    Lil'Alb likes this.
  11. Jack Innes

Jack Innes

Neil will be one of the few around with a 6 cylinder HEMI! You can really see the Chrysler influence in the valve cover.
    [​IMG]

12. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

Yes, I'm already having serious engine envy. You can really wring some juice from that mill.

13. yonahrr

yonahrr

An extra engine came with the deal. Interested?

Jerry

14. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

Thanks, but it's probably a bad time right now, as my kids and wife are all hitting me up for money.
    I'm probably going to have to stick with the flathead.

15. SR100

SR100

Any speedster news? Will you be doing a Morgan build thread?

16. Jack Innes

Jack Innes

Jerry is going to surprise us once he re-designs this setup to hang a Morgan over the side of the Speedster.
    [​IMG]

volvobrynk and SR100 like this.
  17. JIMSPSYCLESHOP

JIMSPSYCLESHOP

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1417022744.668622.jpg

I think it's time for people to realize this build thread has run its course.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

Maybe yes...maybe no.... :cool:

19. Ohhhhhh noooooooooo!!!!!!

20. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

I think that Jerry is just keeping us in suspense. o_O

volvobrynk likes this.
  21. "OVER? Did you say OVER? Nothing's over till we decide it is!" :mad:
    Bluto Blutarsky

volvobrynk likes this.
  22. JIMSPSYCLESHOP

JIMSPSYCLESHOP

Okie Dokie,
    Well, the suspense is too much for my ticker. You guys hang around and listen to the music and crickets, I'm a Ramblin' on to another build thread. Bye yall.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. yonahrr

yonahrr

Hey, what's going on in here. I thought I told you kids to clean this place up! Now there's gonna be trouble! The fact is I've been going crazy. I had the speedster out over to Babyland General delivering Santa, but that's it. Too cold. I've been working on Morgan but I'm too pooped to take pictures. Now Christmas is almost here and I've got all that to contend with. I haven't even gotten around to etching the ID plates to get a registration. I hope the PD doesn't read these posts! 4 years of writing and pictures and I'm taking a vacation. You guys have been great and I thank you all for sticking around and listening to my bullsh*t. No one who really knows me will do that. :) Stop by Cleveland GA or send me an email if you're around. [email protected]

Jerry

24. Lord knows you deserve a break from educating and entertaining the ne'er do wells and reprobates around here. Thanks for taking us all along for the ride. Now fuel up the speedster make sure Santa gets where he needs to be when he needs to be there. ;)

And Happy Holidays from me, Clutch Cargo and The Biggest Yak On TV! :D

25. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

Hey, well now I'll have an excuse to go back and read all the pages I skipped. ;)

26. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

The question remains, "have you cooked anything yet?" o_O

27. yonahrr

yonahrr

I couldn't resist. Here are some top secret Babyland publicity shots. In case you didn't know. Cleveland GA is the Cabbage Patch center of the universe.

Jerry

Attached Files:

28. HE IS REAL....WOW...I BELIEVE ..I BELIEVE. SANTA TOO

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  29. Was up in your neck of the woods yesterday- Mrs. Yankee graduated with her Master's in Ed from Piedmont! Would have given you a call, but we had her parents and all the little Yanks with us :)

30. 1954 rocket 98

1954 rocket 98