Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need help identifying tire changing machine.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotts52, Nov 30, 2014.

1. scotts52

scotts52

I'm looking to buy this machine but am hoping to get a little more info as to what make, etc. Story from someone who has used one as to how easy/hard it is to use.

Attached Files:

2. Sure don't look like or have any of the attributes of any regular kind of tire machine I've ever seen.

3. would appear that it is for larger commercial tires??? Nothing that I have ever seen or worked on here in the NE. Any idea what year it was made?

4. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

That looks more like a tire repair machine than a mount/dismount machine. The arms are put in the sidewalls, and you spread them so you can see and work inside the tire, grind, patch, etc. You can rotate the tire on the rollers with the sidewalls spread.

5. txturbo

txturbo

yep.....not a tire mounting machine. Its a sidewall spreading machine to do tire repairs on big truck or equipment tires.

6. scotts52

scotts52

Hmmm....Not what I was hoping to hear. What value would it have as it is then and what about the smaller machine to the right of the first picture? What does that little one do?

7. retromotors

retromotors

Possibly to break large tires off the bead, or maybe something having to do with old split-rim truck/equipment wheels.
    (Just a wild-ass guess!):eek:

8. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

The smaller one is a portable version of the larger one. The upper piece on the larger tool is used for normal car tires.

Here is a video of tire spreaders.

9. BobMcD

BobMcD