Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest I've moved to...Richmond, Va. Any H.A.M.B.ers nearby?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Ukrop, Jun 1, 2014.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Hello everyone,

Like the title says, I've been relocated to Richmond for work. I'm always looking for traditional hot rodding stuff going on. Any thoughts? Ideas? Advice?

Thanks in advance,
    Joey

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. I think you've landed in a pretty good place, Joey. I don't really know any of those guys in that area personally, but I read about their exploits on the very active Va. Social Group. It seems they are always getting together for "breakfast cruises" and road trips around the state. Joe Smith Early Ford is now operating in your area now under new ownership since its' days in Georgia. I think they have an annual open house. The Karb Kings have a nice show up in the Fredericksburg area and of course the NASCAR events take place twice a yr. right there at the old fairgrounds site. You will be right at home and I'm sure some of the locals will chime in on here to welcome you with open arms. For now, I'll give you a bump back to the top.:)................Don.

3. I knew D-RUSS would be on it. Nice welcome. You folks are a very active bunch.:)....Don

4. Yes, VA HAMB is the place to check out!
    Welcome to Virginia, btw!

5. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Im in Durham NC 2 1/2 hrs south of you J.

6. I am in PA. but do love to venture to your neck of the woods during the summer.

7. Welcome to The Old Dominion. Stay tuned to the Virginia HAMB for what is happening in the area.

8. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Welcome to Virginia ....

9. Welcome to VA from a neighbor in NC! My wife's family is in Richmond, so I get up there occasionally!

And don't forget to make the occasional trek south for some more HAMB-friendly events!

10. Welcome to The Commonwealth from up north in Fairfax County- by all means, check out the VA HAMB...

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Cool beans! I hope you still can make it to the HAMB Drags......and drag some of those VA boys along with you. :)

12. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

Welcome to Virginia. Lots of things going on in the Hampton Roads area. Check out VPCCC (Virginia Peninsula car club council) website.

13. Welcome to Virginia. I'm up in Fairfax, 20 miles outside of DC.

A couple of dates to save:
    The Third Annual Rodder’s Journal Revival is September 27-28, 2014 at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Maryland.
    This year's Jalopyrama will be Saturday October 18th at the Annapolis Maryland National Guard Armory.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. DaveInc

DaveInc

The Ukrop name has a lot of history here in Richmond.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!