Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Roadster Accident on 5frwy this morning!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Sep 26, 2014.

1. mjcat

mjcat

Who is the so-cal area is gonna make it to the fundraiser pancake breakfast? I'm in. Let's show our support.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Rene Ledezma likes this.
  2. rprice76

rprice76
    from Palominas

Wish I could be there. I was in a horrific accident in a Non-Hamb 62 VW Beetle (all stock - I restored). I took me MONTHS to heal. In the end financial justice / compensation for a fully restored VW Beetle was fair, but that goes not mean that these events are easy. I will always wear the scars on my face Chin, Lips, and head, (thank God it was not head on, or you'd be dead" the ER doc told me. The dashboard which buckled from my shoulder saved my life). All I had was lap belts. Javier God Speed and a speedy recovery!

3. Rene Ledezma

Rene Ledezma

I am Javier's friend. I saw him today. He is now in the sub acute unit at holy cross. He is making great progress! He is now awake and is moving his limbs on his own. He is still not talking or walking but he has an evaluation tomorrow and if he gets cleared he will start physical therapy and they will remove the tube on his throat which will enable him to talk.

His family and local firehouse in Granada Hills, CA will be putting together a pancake breakfast fundraiser on Sunday, November 23rd with all proceeds going to Javi's medical bills and family.

Please help by coming by to purchase some pancakes, spreading the word and donating to his go fund me campaign here ---> http://www.gofundme.com/aheronamedjavier

Thank you all for your prayers and good vibes!

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for giving us an update on his condition and recovery Rene. We as fellow hot rodders have had him in our prayers even though we didn't know him personally. Hopefully you will get a good turnout for the pancake feed and that some us who can't go will buy a meal or two too.

I see in the flyer for the pancake feed that he is a firefighter at that station.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
    Rene Ledezma and volvobrynk like this.
  5. daddio211

daddio211

Rene Ledezma likes this.
  6. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

Thank's Rene great news

Rene Ledezma likes this.
  7. Rene Ledezma

Rene Ledezma

I am really moved and happy to see that he is being kept in a lot of people's prayers and good thoughts. He is an amazing individual, and god knows that and that's why he is still here with us. It's truly a miracle. He is a firefighter for Fire Station 103.

Thank you for the well wishes, and yes anybody reading this, please donate! Anything is welcomed, his family will greatly appreciate it. Specially now that he will have to under go extensive physical therapy at a specialized facility.

8. b-bob

b-bob

I had neck surgery a week ago tomorrow, and I am still on soft foods. Jello, icecream, watersoups ETC. What I am trying to say is even when the tube is removed, he will still have a very sore throat and a hard time swallowing, even pills.
    Sounds like he will be alright, but is going to be sore and achy for a long time. He is going to need a lot of support and financial help for a while.
    Wish him all the best and it is good that he is young and strong to get through all of this.

9. Don't forget to donate to this young firefighter!

Rene Ledezma likes this.
  10. banjeaux bob and Rene Ledezma like this.
  11. mjcat

mjcat

I really hope we can get some fellow hambers to show up to the fundraiser. I have about 5-6 friends that are meeting up and cruising up from Orange County area. A couple model A's, a deuce, and a few other cars. Come out and support.

Rene Ledezma likes this.
  12. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The typical reaction by these "yellow journalists" is sensationalism, first and foremost. MOST don't know their asses from a hole in the ground, yet are ever ready to create the best version of what happened. I just hope the passengers recover and get on with their lives. Plus, I surely am anxious to find out what component might have failed. Our prayers are with the injured.

13. Rene Ledezma

Rene Ledezma

Thanks man! Hope to meet you on Sunday the 23rd, see you there!

Attached Files:

14. mjcat

mjcat

Hey guys I know we are all super busy these days but those of you that live in the so cal area try and find an hour or two Sunday Nov 23 to come to the pancake breakfast. It's for a fellow hot rodder who needs all the support we can offer right now. Hope to see some fellow hambers.

15. Drive'em

Drive'em

My buddy and I and our wives will be there. Hope to see lots of local Hambers there!

16. mjcat

mjcat

Right on drive'em, look forward to meeting you. I'll be in my coupe so if you see it make sure you say hi.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1416192219.891864.jpg

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  17. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

18. flynstone

flynstone

19. Rene Ledezma

Rene Ledezma

REMINDER!

Please come by this Sunday, November 23rd to Fire Station 87 (10124 Balboa Blvd. Granada Hills, CA) to eat some pancakes and help us raise funds for Javi's medical bills and family.

The breakfast is donation based, nothing is too little, anything helps! For every $20 you donate you get 1 raffle ticket for the drawing of a customized firemen's axe. All donations are tax deductible.

RSVP's recommended but are not mandatory.

Please share this flyer! I hope to see you all there!

Attached Files:

20. mjcat

mjcat

BTT

21. Donated. Get well dude! :)
    -Pat

22. Man', what an awesome level of support, from the petrol-head community. Our club threw a few bucks in the pot, we will be there in spirit. Hope Javier makes a speedy recovery. ;)Would love to see the parking lot, this morning.:cool: Maybe someone can shoot him a live video feed???
    JT
    Orlando Misfires C.C.

23. flynstone

flynstone

it was a great turn out, they raffled a axe and station 09 won, looks like lots of money was raised, im sure its not enough..the cool thing is javier was there...still a long way to go... I cant post pics cause of the new format but im sure some one will

24. mjcat

mjcat

What a great turn out!!! Thanks to everyone that came out. Got to meet a couple fellow hambers. Good to see Javier, get well bud!!

25. mjcat

mjcat

Anyone have any pics from Sunday? I totally had a brain fart and got caught up talking to people and never took any pics other than then this one.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1416860158.459491.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  26. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

I had a early Super Bell axle break. It was on a 36 ford pickup that I was just getting on the road. The rear brake cylinder failed at just rolling speed going down the drive way. I didn't have fenders on it so I thought I would just let it slide into a retaking wall to slow it down. To my surprise it snapped at the area near the logo. They replaced and I put a Mordrop and had no more worry. No more cast axles.

27. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

So any updates??

28. prpmmp

prpmmp

29. joey7508

joey7508
    from TX

The gofundme link has a write up in it. It says lost a wheel and careened into the center divider. In the pictures of the crash the roadster has both front wheels on it. So I'm assuming it lost a rear wheel?

Hoping like the rest of you for the best possible outcome for Javier.