Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 30' Tudor top wood question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotrodBoy, Nov 22, 2014.

1. HotrodBoy

HotrodBoy

Hi, can someone help me with a few good pictures of the top wood bow ends, the steel bow and how it all joins together with the front and rear roof panels. The steel bow in my Tudor has an old piece of wood in it, but it would appear by the way the new wood kit I have the forth bow is located behind the steel bow. Any help with some pictures of this area of the top wood configuration would be helpful thanks.

2. Ahotrod.nz

Ahotrod.nz

Have just been out to shed and had a look on the old "Switzer"A Tudor,sorry too dark to take photo on phone in there, anyway the steel bow is located above the door pillar.....I would call it the 3rd bow from the header panel. the wood sits inside that steel one with a few screws up from the under side and sits 3 or 4mm above the steel edges (probably to stop chicken wire rubbing on steel) you may have to whittle it down a little to fit. The steel bow has a short steel strap thats riveted under it with screws that go through into the front & rear panels and bow side woods. That steel bow is screwed to the side of the above door wood at the top. they don't actually connect metal to metal above the door.

3. HotrodBoy

HotrodBoy

Thanks for the reply, I was just toolin' around setting out the new wood kit Geroge Spriggs(Early Ford Parts) has been making for me, the prototype first off the jig set. I have a book with a few black n white pics but that bow wasn't too clear where it goes. the rest is working out good so far minimal extra fitting mods needed.