Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Motor coffee table

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 9andy91, Nov 19, 2014.

1. 9andy91

9andy91

image.jpg image.jpg Not sure if I am posting this in right thread as I am new to this forum, just sharing some of my work. From the St.Cloud, Mn area...

2. nice work, looks cool

3. 117harv

117harv

4. 1oldracer

1oldracer

It looks great. I like auto parts made into decorating items. Here's one I made from a donate wheel and left over zoomies. It will be auctioned off at the Chicago Brushmasters event next March at the Chicago World of Wheels show

Attached Files:

5. 9andy91

9andy91

Very neat!!

6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

It is neat, would not likely appeal to many of the women in our lives.
    It also looks like it could cause back injuries or hernias trying to move it, :eek: unless it is made from plastic maybe.

7. 9andy91

9andy91

Do you sell locally too? If so do you have much luck selling items like this?

8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

looks more like a wine table to me

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. How about a photo of the rear/transmission side of the engine? HRP

10. 9andy91

9andy91

Yeah will take one when I get a chance, but it is just the block on that side no flywheel or anything.

11. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

100_1700.JPG New life for an old Fuel Engine

12. 9andy91

9andy91

13. Haha.....true. One could put some bottle storage in the bores too....upside down of course.

Pretty neat table ! Especially for the upper crust ! Some here would collect their 40 ouncers in there maybe.

14. 1oldracer

1oldracer

Never made anything like this before. It was we had this wheel donated for the auction. We had the zoomie pipes left over from another project. So this is what I came up with. Don't know if it will sell.

15. Looks like a really good use for a Chevy. Years ago an acquaintance had a 427 Ford tri-power intake and carbs made into an end table. Later on he built another, using a complete 215 Buick engine (- carb and accessories) Never noticed any live-in women around his place though!

9andy91 likes this.
  16. I've got an aluminum V12 Jag block I'm in the process of doing this to (furrin' exotica... ). The big downside is the weight; that iron Chevy block makes for a pretty heavy table. I'm gutting the interior of mine; knocking the main bearing saddles out and cutting the bores out (did you know you can cut aluminum with a chainsaw? LOL) with the goal of getting the block weight down to about 40 lbs.

9andy91 likes this.
  17. 9andy91

9andy91

Yeah the Chevy blocks are heavier than a ford so I made a ford one too lol. About 25lbs lighter I'm guessing

Attached Files:

tommyd likes this.