Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods May trade my Stude for a Plymouth Suburban

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1948stude, Nov 15, 2014.

1. 1948stude

1948stude

Hello all! I am considering trading a 1948 studebaker m5 truck for a 1952 suburban and some cash.

I have always loved the suburbans and saw a 1952 and it might just happen....

My question is what is the suburban worth. The body is in good shape a driver not a show car a ding here a scratch there.

A little bubbling in one spot - so some rust issue - but it looks good! Interior is cherry looks great. Motor is supposed to have a recent

re-build but there is no documentation. Everything looks nice and clean - yes I know looks can be deceiving. Converted to 12 volt and has a vintage air AC/heat system.

It drove straight and seemed to pull well for the six that it is, shifted cleanly......I realize this is going to be a big difference from my 350/350 but I think I am ready to slow down a bit........ Oh yeah it has an overdrive that works too.....Thanks in advance.

2. You said Plymouth Suburban.....were those also Cranbrooks? My neighbor had a 52 or 53, that was red, on red.....seemed to me that it was a Suburban Cranbrook....dunno' if that was a trim level....or if I am merely a forgetful dumbass. Maybe more of the latter.....but it was a six cylinder manual transmission. An odd and fairly rare item. Sold last year for 7600 bucks. Was asking 15k. I wish I had some pictures to post, I may go knock on the door later......if not to get a pic' for you, but to at least get my info right. It was a really neat car.....in my opinion.

3. 1948stude

1948stude