Register now to get rid of these ads!

Getting a title in Missouri - Bonded title

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by austinsailor, Mar 30, 2010.

1. austinsailor

austinsailor

I'm glad it worked out. I'm going to have to go through it myself now. I bought a couple Gardners, one had no title.

I was over there about 2 weeks ago getting historic tags for my 1936 Desoto Airflow. Thought I'd see if I was going to have trouble with the Gardner so I asked a few questions. Girl at the counter told me I'd get a salvage title. Argued with her a minute but since that wasn't the purpose of the visit I dropped it and figured I should revisit everything. Just pulled up the statute again, still reads the same. I'll get all my paperwork together and head over soon.

I'll have to say, I've never waited more than 15 minutes. I guess there must be days they get backed up. Maybe I've always been lucky.

I do thank you for posting the feedback. I've had a few guys tell me I was full of it and you can't do it.

2. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

The gal told me she only sees a few per year. She also seemed to expect my paperwork to be bad or incomplete. It pays to be OCD sometimes. I did take a copy of the statute and my tablet with me in case I needed to play attorney.

3. KCsledz

KCsledz

Glad I found this post. I need to get the title going on the 61 Caddy.

4. Arrowsmith

Arrowsmith
    from Mo

About 7 years ago I bought a model A with no title. I went to the circuit court. They have a form to fill out with everything you know about the car. I had to go to court and talk to the judge. He told the DMV they had to check if it was stolen or had a lien. A bout a month latter I went back to court and the judge told DMV they had to give me a title. A friend did a 53 ford last year in different county and did not even have to go to court.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ancient thread but if you build a hot rod from parts from other cars and they are willing to give you a "salvage" title without many hassles why the hell would you give a shit if it said salvage on it rather than the "oh my gawd it was built from a salvage car" stigma. Salvage title is still a clear unencumbered title in your name that is transferable. It might devalue a 2010 Mercedes but on a pre 1960 modified car with parts from here, there and everywhere I can't see the issue except the alleged value at time of sale issue.