Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Best Parts Houses

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by TBilbrey64, Oct 24, 2014.

1. TBilbrey64

TBilbrey64

Hey Guys,
    Over the past 16 years I've been into Model A Fords. I recently sold my 1931 Steel Top Pick-up. I had a blast learning, and working on A's. Needless to say there are many parts houses for buying A parts. Some good, and some bad. Doesn't take long to figure out who had quality parts, and who sells not quality parts. Now to my question. Many of you have seen my post asking questions about my latest project a 1941 Chevy coupe. Who are the best parts houses for these parts?
    As always thank you much,
    Tim

2. cptn60

cptn60
    from Joke City

3. TBilbrey64

TBilbrey64

Here's a pic

Attached Files:

cptn60 likes this.
  4. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Chevs of the 40s is crap. I ordered twice from them and never again. The "Truck and Car Shop of Orange" is a good place for parts.

51 mercules likes this.

5. TBilbrey64

TBilbrey64

I haven't been very impressed with what I've bought from Chevs of the '40s that's what prompted this thread. I figured being a Chevy there would be a sea of parts houses out there, but I'm thinking I was wrong.

6. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

From my experience with Chevs of the 40's, it was not the quality but the service. First time around, I ordered the Unity vintage spotlight and Chevs sent me a new style spotlight. I called them up and the person on the other end of the line was trying to say it was the right spotlight. Heck, even Stevie Wonder could tell it wasn't the right one. I ended up sending it back. I received my money back but I was out the of the shipping cost, X2.
    Second time around (8 years later) I gave them another shot and I ordered some starter brushes for 10 bucks. They charged me $13 for shipping and you guys know how small those brushes are. Stay way from Chevs of the 40s.

7. bubba55

bubba55

Been awhile - when I was working on my '54 Chevy truck I got good parts and service from Obsolete Chevy parts in Nashville , Ga. And I & I reproductions in Ca. Steele rubber another one - depends on what you need - shop around - some are better than others. Thanks for the Heads up about Chevs of the 40's - was thinking about using them for some stuff for my '38 truck

8. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Try the filling station, I have bought things for the 42 Chevy from, seem to have good service, and the parts so far have been good quality