Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot Rod Hillclimb...Nor Cal Reliability Run...Where's all the pics, dadgummit...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Sep 14, 2014.

1. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Okay, I'm turning thirty next month, I dont know much about Intagram, twetter or the likes of, A friend made me an Facebook user, despite I dident want one.
    I only use it to remembering People's birthdays.
    I'm such a retard when it comes to People's birthdays and phone numbers.
    But I can't live with out my IPhone, it keeps me in touch with all the car guys i know, finding the parts a want but most important keep in touch with the HAMB!!!!!!!
    I'm addicted to this site, but would love to get acess to the worlds largest photoalbum, and make a proscpiption for all the HAMB friendly stuff, but I'm to stupid to make i happend.

Can somebody shed more light on this car?

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411192827.797138.jpg

Is it a Bowtie? I see parts of a bowtie logo with a 333 number inside the outlines on it.

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

much obliged for the pics...sorry for the late reply

3. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

I was just on my computer and I think I twittered my google on someone's face book. Sorry!

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. It is a chevy. Started out as a coupe. Check out the Hotrod Hillclimb website for the full story on the car.

5. Just a theory, but the reason less stuff is posted here is the redesign...lots of die hard local hambers have given up on this place...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

WiredSpider likes this.
  6. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Whatchu talkin' 'bout. Willis?

I have noticed a lot of the early members no longer post here...sad.

7. It may just be coincidence, I've just noticed less posting by some people that I know were very involved here and they still post frequently on other mediums. I may just be imagining it. I'm not saying it's because of the redesign, it just coincides with it....Babies...new jobs...what ever it is. People come and go it happens.

8. j3harleys

j3harleys

It was a great event. Both my cars are apart right now so just went and hung around had a great time and got this sun burn. heading over to Deluxe speed shop this afternoon for a BBQ. there will be some cool stuff there. Sorry I dont have a smart phone so I wont be posting pics either

9. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Id imagine people use IG for pics more just because of simplicity. Honestly the HAMB app sucks, I've tried to respond twice w a long winded reply only for it to shut down and erase everything I typed. I don't have a PC so the other outlets just work easier. I'll look for some more pics for you guys.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Not really, there were a couple of cars that ran that didn't fit that timeline. Bob Marchese's Pontiac and Dave Scrogg's 283, to name a couple.
    Sorry Mike, just callin' 'em like I see 'em.

11. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Don Scroggs was Cal's partner, you may be thinking of Vern Holmes.
    He is the current caretaker of the Kenz & Leslie roadster.

12. The event is about the history, about the guys that were there. Bob was there 60 years ago, he was one of the guys that made it happen, hell yea he gets to run. Dave Scroggs, his dad was there racing with Cal, hell yea he needs to run in his dads foot steps!

There's more to the story than what you saw.

13. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

The legends should always get a pass to run what ever they have now.
    Hanging out with these guys is what makes this event so special!