Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Ever Hear of a Ice Cream Truck called FREEZER FRESH..?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Plymouth, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Plymouth

Plymouth

A while back I got a former 1961 Mister Softee Truck and restored it same guy had another for me.. A 1960 Fored P350 parcel truck ..that had Ice Cream Machine and coolers in it... It is diferant than the Former mister softee truck but still a Ice cram truck I striped it and on it was painted a elve that holds a large soft serve cone

What I found out so far is a guy in Stanten Island NY... started selling soft serve and hard Ice cream in trucks BEFRORE Mister Softee I think so far the owner died in 2010

So far thats all I know I would like to know as much as possible and production I thinking of making a Fodd Truck and hate to think I have some thing of VERY important Histor as far as Ice Cream Trucks go

Thanks for any and all info....DANiel

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I like late '30s-to-early '40s armored cars (trucks, actually...but they were called 'cars')
    It used to be illegal to sell them when a company updated their rolling stock, have only seen one that was 'sitting', a '41 Ford 1-ton, was actually a heavy duty panel truck body, updated with armor plates fitted inside, and 3/4" thick window glass.
    85 H.P. V8 engine was blown up, hole in the pan with rod sticking thru, partially dismantled, heads & manifold missing.
    Truck had dual wheels rear, and oversize wheels & tires. Bet it weighed 6,000 lbs.

3. Victor80

Victor80

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  4. slychamp

slychamp
    from Qc ca

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014

5. andre nite

andre nite

I sold Ice cream from the Freezer Fresh truck, back in the sixties all around the West Bronx N.Y. I was 18 and have many interesting stories to tell about the Job, Wondering where you got the picture and what you know, it's excitedly the truck I drove, except lol for the rust.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  6. James Penna

James Penna

My father had an Oven Fresh pizza truck from 1962 -72. These trucks were manufactured by Tri Metal Works of East Riverton NJ. They were featured as the grand prize on "The Price Is Right" TV show during the 1961-62 season. The were more ice cream trucks produced than other food trucks . The company also produced pizza trucks , chinese food trucks and hamburger trucks. The price of gasoline during the oil embargo forced my father to close the business.

7. Marco g

Marco g

hey Daniel, my family owned freezer fresh trucks in Brooklyn and Staten Island from the 60’s in Brooklyn until they were sold out of Staten Island in the early to mid 90’s And updated with newer trucks. In the late 80’s and 90’s They were parked at lepro’s ice cream depot on victory Blvd in Staten Island. I would love to talk with you personally about these trucks and see your progress on your truck.