Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hotrod Rod from Bristol England

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Hotrod Rod, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Hotrod Rod

Hotrod Rod

Hi, my name is Rod from Bristol England, Into period hotrods and kustoms, Harleys and choppers oh yeah Lambrettas too, recently imported a street/strip 80's California built 39' Ford Coupe 350/400, Halibrand quickie etc, centrelines in the bin now running whites and steels, car is now in the body shop awaiting new paint etc, also have a 1958 LD150 Lambretta

Rod

2. LIMEY

LIMEY

Welcome Rod.....good to see you on here, did you say your 39 came from Livermore? i have some contacts there & i can ask the question.
    Just trying to think how long i've known you......i recon its about 18 yrs when we both had Buicks......you should post some pics of your old '57.

Kev.

3. Hotrod Rod

Hotrod Rod

Cheers Kev, dont time fly when yer havin' fun, might post some Buick pics and the 37' cabriolet on here soon, jeez there so much more on here than the NSRA site, thought it would be nice to find out a bit more about the ol' 39, wondered what the original owners daughter would think if she new her dads old car was in England, car plans hace changed, keeping that California rake, the wdewhites now on salt flats, paint purple if i can find the right one,

Rod

4. Welcome Rod

See your car back last year look sweet.

Your only just down the road from me, But I'm not as old as you and Kev:D

5. v8spence

v8spence

Hi Rod, Nice to see you on here, I have sold the Edsel and the Anglia and now moved on to a Buick.....
    you at shepton mallet soon? i hear a few rods are going to be going down to try and take over?
    chat soon,
    Spence (forest of dean, nr Kelvin)

6. Hotrod Rod

Hotrod Rod

Cheers for the welcome boys, seems plenty of nice motors in and around the
    forest these days, Spence you had enough of Bristol in the end then, work move i guess, good turnout for Shepton planned down to Phil Mitchell for this one i think a few Glous cars as well, might go down myself, hoping to pick up odds n sods at the jumble.........

Looking forward to the summer, meet you guys then, just need to get the car done

Rod

7. joeldriskill

joeldriskill
    from Richmond

how big is the scene there in england. when i was there i got made fun of for my greased hair and engineer boots. (then again i was in oxford, hell whole). good to see that people around the world have good taste in cars.

8. Hi Rod,

welcome aboard, glad to hear the cars coming along, you need to post a few 'before' pics from when I went to look at it...and then some after ones too!

See you (maybe) in November at The Ace!! :D