Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 36 ford project. Or how to ruin a perfectly good car

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by the man, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Well thank you. I was trying to French all the stuff on the dash. The tool I made to do it didn't work as planned. I'm still working on pulling it off. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1409016764.887859.jpg

Instagram @baronsmetal

vtx1800 likes this.
  2. catfishdog

catfishdog
    from Miami

Can't wait until this car is completed, it looks awesome

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1409438056.333043.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1409438068.286305.jpg
    Well I successfully got my doors off. I'm pretty certain that Henry Ford did not intend on them ever coming off. Also got around to sealing and priming the floor. Now time to start priming the body. Hope to button up all the little things and get the body off the frame by end of the month.

Instagram @baronsmetal

4. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410637403.478574.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410637425.112569.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410637435.737936.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410637449.959767.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410637462.269655.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410637473.338936.jpg
    I've been working on getting the body stripped the rest of the way and in etching primer. Also been metal finishing The body and the panels. Also decided to work on my blinker switch. I had no intentions of making one. I purchased one just didn't like it. Still needs a bit of polishing but it will incorporate the blinker and the shift arm rod.

Instagram @baronsmetal

Turbo57 likes this.
  5. pumpman

pumpman

Damn man, you're intense!

6. Whoah.......yes he is. Damn that's a bit of whittling there, bud. Great work.

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

8. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Wow, talent is a virtue. How'd I miss this thread, love it as well.

9. Robert Crosse

Robert Crosse
    from WNY

GREAT PROJECT!!!!
    Wonderful Craftsmanship.
    Will follow all the way
    Bob

10. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1412600292.346717.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1412600307.730806.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1412600339.737384.jpg
    I managed to get the body in etching primer. Been working on the top and new windshield frame. Still fine tuneing

Instagram @baronsmetal

11. Where do I start?
    1. I finally forgive you for selling your first 36 project. I too cried for days, like a 7 year old girl when I learned you let her go.
    2.Thank you for sharing your build. You are very humble and I know you don't like all the fanfare but it helps us all technically and motivationally.
    3. I need to get off my arse. The fact that I didn't even see this thread til today says that I have been off my game for far too long.
    4. I wish you were my next door neighbor and I could walk over every night and be underfoot whilst you were working your magic.
    5. You are The MAN!!!! Can't wait to see this to the end and then watch the next 5 conversions that will be done next year!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  12. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

That's pretty dam cool.Was thinking of doing the same thing on my manual Bridgeport with rotary cross slide table just to keep it traditional.

13. I've Been rather slow and updates on this thing. Lately not much more than just busywork. Got my taillights fit today. Worked on some metal finishing. I think it's time to skim it with mud. I'm really trying to get this thing on the road by lone star round up. Still can't believe this used to be a sedan. Sometimes I sit back and think wow I really pulled this off. Other times I think wow what a huge mistake. Still need to pull the body build a new crossmember and notch the rear frame. Rebuild the engine and transmission. Build a full exhaust build all the interior and the seat not including painting everything. All in about five months with no money. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413673276.707069.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413673292.098243.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413673308.462493.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413673325.429031.jpg

Instagram @baronsmetal

14. Nice. I can't believe it either.....but you sure as hell did it. That's bad ass.

15. Nice. I can't believe it either.....but you sure as hell did it. That's bad ass.

16. 1badbaker

1badbaker

Your work is very impressive. I enjoyed all your posts.

17. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1416061116.664773.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1416061132.413323.jpg
    I got my molasses bath going. Gonna soak a bunch of stuff. My hood and sides were pretty crusty. I'm hoping for good results.

bluestang67 likes this.
  18. pumpman

pumpman

I was wondering what you were up to and now I know. Like the progress, that molasses thing really works but smells like hell. Glad to see you're still at it. Thanks for the update.

19. Robert Crosse

Robert Crosse
    from WNY

Love the "wrapped" WW's;)

20. all4sho

all4sho
    from Byron,GA

WOW......you a true craftsman!!

21. My kids hate the smell of molasses but I love it!

22. I've got it sealed pretty good right now. But when I'm done with it I'm gona dump it on the grass I hear it's great for gardening too. I'm sure the neighbors are Gona love that. On a side note I finally got my cnc plasma table going today. So now I can make all those frame pieces I need. I should have the body off soon. I've been trying to get it in primer before I do that. So hopefully once it goes back on I can just spray it and be done. Well that's my plan any way ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1416108018.897257.jpg
    Thanks for the encouragement. I'm kinda getting burned out. I'm a year into this and kinda wishing I bought that 51 merc I had my eye on instead.

23. What's the plan for the frame? Maybe you do a limited production run ... I'll place an order! Save me a bunch on grinding discs!

24. well i'm debating on building a frame table. not that i don't need one or want one its more of a storage problem.when i got the car it already had a mustang II ,leaf spring setup and crossmember trans mount kit. the crossmember kit is useless to me. and the front and rear are mounted way to high. so i will need to redo them. i plan on reusing them since they are quality pieces. im going to do front and rear frame sweeps and a crossmembers from scratch.. Hopefully that will give me the dick in the dirt stance im looking for.

25. Not sure if I want to drag my dick. Definitely want to drag my ass.

28A likes this.
  26. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1416975096.654509.jpg
    I'm pretty certain paint isn't worth the effort.

27. It's definitely under apreciated by those who do not do. Keep at it!

28. Robert Crosse

Robert Crosse
    from WNY

"I'm pretty certain paint isn't worth the effort. "

Keeping it in primer or just delaying the paint job?

That is one slick looking rear end, your work it first rate, sure would be nice to see it in person.:rolleyes:

With respect,
    Bob

29. telekenfun

telekenfun

I drove mine for two summers in bare metal as you see in my avatar. Everyone seemed to like
    the bare metal look , over half said I should leave it that way but all the women wanted to know what color it was going to be. Being still in bare metal gave me the opportunity to make changes without worry about the finish. I even reshaped the roof crown after getting to view the car from all angles and distances. I state this to encourage you to get it on the road and begin to enjoy your accomplishment while leaving you open to making changes should you feel the need. This will increase your chance of making the LSR. Everyone there will appreciate it the way it is as much as we do.
    Keep up the great work.
    Best Regards and good luck with all your endeavors, KB.

chriseakin likes this.
  30. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

Beautiful Beautiful work...