Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods V8-60

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Thriftmaster, Sep 10, 2014.

1. HI everyone:
    I picked up a V8-60 this month that has been extremely worked over and out fitted with Edelbrock heads and intake and cam. It needs a generator and an off set gen braket. I understand that the generator is the same as the 85-95 horse flatty units but takes a smaller pulley. If I am wrong please correct me on this.
    The other thing I am trying to find out is did anyone make an off set generator bracket for these engines and if they did or do does anyone know where I can aquire one?
    Thanks

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

post a pic of motor

3. belair

belair

Then we will help you.

4. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

What they said......we love pictures!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. If a guy asked advice about his girlfriend they would ask for pictures.

6. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

It would make sense to ask for pics of the girl friend but all flatheads look the same.

7. From what I've heard weiand made a offset bracket I used a big v8 generator on mine I made a bracket since I couldn't find one ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413388830.176742.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413388856.164963.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413388877.212955.jpg
    I also have edelbrock heads and a Eddie Myers intake

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. MARVIN CT

MARVIN CT

Before going to an alternator, I made a bracket to mount to the front three intake manifold bolts. At the time I wanted to use the MGTD generator for the tach take-off at the rear of the generator.

Attached Files:

9. MARVIN CT

MARVIN CT

View attachment 2739628 I made a generator bracket that mounted to the front three intake manifold bolts. Needed to run the tach drive off the generator. Since then, changed to an alternator and electronic tach. Marvin, ct

10. MARVIN CT

MARVIN CT

My bracket. Marvin, ct H R Gen Brkt.JPG

11. Truckedup

Truckedup

Simple effective and a bit crude mount. The Brackets are home made, lawn tractor idler pulley with VW Diesel pulley welded on. Please excuse the Kubota alternator but it works and was somewhat inexpensive.

[​IMG]

dana barlow likes this.
  12. I have been pretty busy this past month and haven't had time to get on here. So I really appreciate those that answered my questions especially the mounting styles. I have decided to go a slightly different way now with this set up. Because I have a 41 zephyr side shift transmission behind my engine and the shift fork is on the passenger side.
    I am unable to fit a factory V8-60 starter in the original spot as it goes to deep through the back of the block and there is no room with this tranny to accommodate it. So when I found a 12 volt Mitsubishi mini high torque starter for the V8-60 I grabbed it fast. Now I am looking for the smallest Alternator I can find to run off the top of the engine. I have looked at chevy Sprints and a Mitsubishi from an early Honda, however the circumference is great but the depth from front to back is to much.
    These alternators are 5 1/2" front to back(Thick). I need something that is 4" front to back (Thick) I am referring from the back of the Alternator to the front of the pulley. Has anyone found anything this narrow that can put out some where between 45- 65 amps?
    Also I heard there is someone on here possibly a vendor that sells 6 & 12 volt over drive solenoids, relays and kick down switches new but I can't seem to find the info I am looking for.
    When I have some spare time I will take some snaps of the motor for you guys. And again thanks to all those that replied.