Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Can a car seek revenge?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hallrods, Oct 14, 2014.

1. hallrods

hallrods

I don't really believe in all that junk but let me explain a little. I was 5 years old my Dad with his growing new family hadn't had as much money to keep the hot rod going. I think the ignition was out but we still went for rides and car shows every once and a while. He would take a wire and ground it out on a screw on the shifter boot and the car would start. Well as a young boy he didn't show me how to start it but seeing the spark of that wire was cool and that must be how all hot rods start right? While playing in the car one day pretending to drive I took the wire and touched it to the screw and got a little spark way cool next thing you know it was lunch time and mom is hollering for me to get inside. I guess I let go of the wire hopped out of the car shut the door and in the house I went. This is when the wire falls on the screw and shorts out the whole wiring system.
    40 years later I find and buy this car back to restore it to the way it looked when my dad had built it. Well after a 5 year build, motor problems I finally have it ready for this last summer. I'm just about ready for Back to the 50s back in June pushed the car out of the garage popped it into 1st gear closed the overhead door grabbed my little rubber sanding block that I use for a wheel choc and walk out the side door to find my car had rolled down my drive way and was building up a good head of steam heading for my neighbors garage. I took off running and got behind it just in time to see it smash int the garage. tail lights shattered fenders,roll pan and trunk area pulverized. I told my wife I'm done going to go sit in a bar just like everyone else in Wisconsin. She called my Dad and my Son and after a few hours we had it all straightened out and within the next day I had the paint touched up and away we go. We made it to Minnisota and back had a great time and no problems.
    Next up the Melt Down Drags drive there and back no problems had the best time ever. The only problems I've had is oil leaks and warping thermostat housings that easy. One morning the car wouldn't start I load tested the battery and it was junk took it out from under the car to replace. I got a new battery. Still under full replacement warranty so all is good. I crawl under the car lift the battery over my head and start to move it in place. The battery slips out of my hand and falls luckily my Head broke its fall after a few choice words I got it in place crawled out from under the car and there is my wife. By this time the blood was dripping off my nose. Know I'm not just injured I'm getting yelled at. I go inside to clean up and see a hole right in the middle of my forehead. The corner of a new battery is pointy. I go out side and finish the battery replacement and start up the car all is well. The next day the battery is dead and the car won't start. I charge it and hook up a test light and pull fuses. With all the fuses out the light is still lit up? I pulled the wire off the alternator and still lit up what's left pull the wire off the starter and there it is light out. Pull the starter apart and find its shorting out. Clean it up and put it back in everything is good car starts no battery drain all is good. I start to clean up look over at the car and smoke is pouring out of the starter. Off to the machine shop to see if they can fix my 280.00 dollar power master starter. The machine shop tells me it's a cheap Chinese starter and its junk he can get me an American made one for 250.00. Back in the car and everything is working good. I'm thinking to just park it for the winter and hope to call a truce with the car. To make a really long story short ,I shorted out the wiring when I was 5 my dad sold the car it had a shitty life for 40 years. I bought it and restored it to what it once was and It beat the shit out of me and pushed me to the limit so do you think we are even.?

2. What? I thought all this was normal. :D

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Tell it you are sorry for what you done with it many years ago and all should be fine,it just had some pent up rage all those years and needed to vent.

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

PBR being bought by a Russian company, has effected everyone differently.

5. I think it's called ........CAR-MA.:D

6. loudbang

loudbang

Please stand by for the next installment of the Twilight zone. :rolleyes:

test-pattern.jpg

bobg1951chevy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. jeta12

jeta12

Lets see the car:).......That's just a day in my life.o_O

8. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

How can you write a car story and never properly introduce the car?
    Who pays $280 for a starter?
    And, yes, I believe cars can seek revenge.

9. mustangsix

mustangsix

Remember that girlfriend who was such a bitch? So you bought her jewelry? And took her to expensive places? And then you married her? And did everything she ever asked? And 30 years later she's still a bitch? Well, your car is like that.........

lewk, loudbang, Manson and 1 other person like this.
  10. brady1929

brady1929

What about Christine? I saw the movie so it must be true!

11. Cars seek revenge? ???

Maybe the 5 yr old kid still needs to just fix the wiring issue his dad used to circumnavigate with a wire by the shifter & quit thinking and acting like a 5 yr old kid after 40 years. No more revenge.

However they say revenge is a meal best served cold, the car waited 40 years to get your ass, eat up cuz you're fucked.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  12. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

same thing with my 40 Ford, see my post "can a car be cursed"

13. Yes, cars can seek revenge. My car gets mad at me all the time. It was fighting me on a project once and after a little cussing, I spoke calmly to it and apologized and it went together without any issues.

14. I take the opposite approach. That "nice guy" shit doesn't work. You need to show 'em who's boss. I control my car through intimidation. So far it's working but I fear that someday it's going to figure out I'm bluffing and then it will be pissed and REALLY screw me!

15. AZbent

AZbent

There is an airplane here at work that just doesn't get along with me. I have tried being nice, a jerk, and everything in between the last 25 years, but it still wont work with me. So, the answer is yes, they can get revenge.

16. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hallrods, I'll take that beautiful car off your hands if it is causing you too much pain!

I had to be nice to most of my cars, "come on, you can start, we're on the same team..." but for some reason my 65 F100 ran better the meaner I spoke to it!

17. I haven't been able to take the 56 buick wagon out due to the crappy weather here { it didn't rain here all summer} Now in 2 weeks we get 4 inches the sun was out this morning and now its raining again.I swear every time I go down to the garage fro something that buicks headlight s follow me every where I go in the shop .or maybe its the Crown Royal .lol Bruce.

18. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

That's not revenge. That's just being plain stubborn.

19. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

You guys are fuckin NUTS!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. stimpy

stimpy

after I hauled the 50 home on the trailer my Pick up started to act up . I had to reassure it it was not getting replaced and the problems ceased . but my wife bought a new car and we had the old one for a while and it was a pain in the ass and something went wrong every time we tried to sell it , it didn't want to leave us . finally it chose the right people to go with . yes machines do have personalities ..

21. hallrods

hallrods

There was a lot of PBR put down in the first build. I drink Killians do you think that had something to do with it?

image.jpg that's the car

22. hallrods

hallrods

. A shit I was hoping that wasn't it

23. hallrods

hallrods

After the starter burned up I flipped the dodge off and jumped in the 1932 and went for a ride.

24. I think you're being way too nice.

Maybe you should threaten it with a few hard passes down the track instead of it sitting and watching from the car show... :D

LOL...

25. hallrods

hallrods

Thats the plan AJ I need to work a few more bugs out of it before July.

30dodgeboy likes this.
  26. Oh they can and will get you !
    I kind of chuckled the other day as my friend was giving my old truck a little extra space. Then he looked at it and said "your truck looks happy" then moved in a little closer.

27. Can a car seek revenge? NO.
    Only ex girlfriends and ex wifes can seek revenge.
    Can an ex girlfriend or an ex wife program your car to seek revenge? OF COURSE.

28. hallrods

hallrods

Well at least I'm having a little fun with all of my mishaps

29. Buckle

Buckle

Being the owner of a 58 Plymouth, I'm going with YES, a car can seek revenge.

30. keyster

keyster

Mine seem to get jealous.
    Work on one, and the others start acting up to get some attention.