Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 57 Chevy Seat Belt Install

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65pacecar, Oct 10, 2014.

1. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

I have a potential customer that wants lap belts installed in his 57 Chevy 2 door post. He purchased the chrome buckle Classic looking belts Do.the 57 chevys already have "anchors" in place from tje factory to install the belts too or will I need.to weld a support in to.secure the belts to? I am doing several things to.the car and trying to generate a quote Car has full interior and isnt close enough to check on right now and I figured several on here have been imto them.

2. squirrel

squirrel

no anchors back then, that started in the mid 60s.

3. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Thanks that's what I thought Ive built a few 55 through 57 Plymouths and no anchors there either

4. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Is your liability insurance Big? There is ahuge liability factor.

5. Jimv

Jimv

anchor them were the seat bolts down for the outside then maybe thru the hump with threaded plates on the inside.
    JimV

6. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

The generic reinforcing plates are available to spread the load on the floor pan. We have basic engineering concepts down here that must be complied with when installing seat belts, not rocket science but common sense. I'd prefer 3pt rather than 2pt, a lot safer IMHO.

7. scott51

scott51

8. 48 Indian Rag

48 Indian Rag
    from conn

Check out Julianos web site they have some how to's and they show some of the different mounting positions and hardware.

9. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Thanks for the advice this site is a great resource, going to look at the car this week toquote the install and make sure it is a good sound car.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!